Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Drumsticks – a simple, flavorful and healthy dinner recipe! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, low carb, clean eating.
Let’s enjoy 1 last delicious grilling recipe before summer is over. And these Paleo & Whole30 grilled lemon herb chicken drumsticks are the perfect way to say goodbye to August.
Chicken drumsticks that is coated in an herby, garlicky, lemony marinade and grilled until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
We having a little obsession with drumsticks in our house at the moment. Earlier in the month I shared my paleo honey cilantro lime chicken drumsticks. I just love how quickly they grill up, how affordable they are, and how juicy and flavorful the chicken is!
My herb garden is going strong, and it makes me so happy to go out there and clip fresh herbs to use for dinner. I like using rosemary and thyme on these chicken drumsticks since the herbs are so hearty and can stand up to the high heat of the grill.
To add in even more flavor, I add in lemon zest and garlic. As these are grilling away the smell is irresistible. And there is nothing better than that crispy skin.
If you want to have the ultimate dinner, serve this with my grilled lemon artichokes. Oh my word, best combination. And you eat it all with your hands!
It’s healthy too. Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, low carb and clean eating recipe.Print
- 8 Chicken Drumsticks, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- zest from 2 lemons
- 4 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a gallon size ziploc bag, and squish to combine.
- Add the chicken, and massage/rub it around to coat all the drumsticks.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Cook the drumsticks until they reach an internal temperature of 165º, about 20-30 minutes minutes, turning the drumsticks half way through grilling. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
More Grilled Paleo Dinner Recipes:
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!