Paleo Cilantro Honey Lime Chicken Drumsticks – a delicious and healthy BBQ grilled dinner recipe! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
We are still grilling like crazy! Before summer is over, we’re going to keep putting our grill to work. It’s my favorite way to cook on hot summer days without getting my house any hotter.
The flavor you get from grilling can’t be matched in the oven.
There is SO much flavor going on with these cilantro honey lime chicken drumsticks! And it’s all thanks to the 3 ingredient marinade: cilantro, honey, lime juice and lime zest. This is just the kind of recipe I love. A few simple ingredients that take the main ingredient to the next level.
The lime juice adds brightness and tang, the honey makes it sweets and caramelizes on the gill, and the cilantro adds earthiness and freshness.
When in a rush, I’ve marinated this chicken for just 1 hour and it is still packed with flavor. But if I have the time, I like to let it marinate for a day. The longer it marinates, the better.
You all need to add chicken drumsticks to your dinner rotation. They are such an affordable cut of chicken that taste amazing! Especially grilled on the BBQ. The skin gets crispy and delicious, and the bone keeps the meat juicy and flavorful.
You really can’t beat the price. I bought high quality, organic chicken drumsticks to feed 4 people and it was less than $6!
My whole family loves this cilantro honey lime chicken drumstick dinner recipe. Especially our toddler. There is nothing cuter than a 1 year old gnawing on a chicken drumstick with a huge smile on his face.
And I love feeding this to my family because it is so healthy! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free. All real ingredients at their best.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, about 3 pounds
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (from 1 bunch cilantro)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (from about 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a gallon size ziploc bag, and squish to combine.
- Add the chicken, and massage/rub it around to coat all the drumsticks.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 2 days.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Cook the drumsticks until they reach an internal temperature of 165º, about 20-30 minutes minutes, turning the drumsticks half way through grilling. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro leaves and wedges of lime.
More Paleo Grilled Dinners:
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!