Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken, Bacon & Avocado Salad with tomatoes and scallions. A delicious and healthy summer dinner recipe that is paleo, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
Another delicious paleo salad that I can’t get enough of!
It has been a summer full of salads for dinner. It has been much too hot, for much too long. The thought of eating something hot for dinner seems crazy. So I’ve been serving up cold salads and we’ve been loving it.
Just like my Grilled BBQ Chicken BLT Salad, this Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken salad has my 3 favorite ingredients that I’ve been adding to any salad I can: bacon, avocado and cherry tomatoes. The bacon adds the best salty crunch, the avocado adds creamy butteriness, and our cherry tomato plants have done so well, and the cherry tomatoes are sweeter than candy.
The combo with the grilled honey mustard chicken breasts, scallions and romaine lettuce all with the honey mustard dressing is salad perfection.
You are going to love the honey mustard salad dressing in this salad! I has double duty as the salad dressing and the marinade for the chicken.
I like to marinade the chicken for at least an hour, but ideally overnight if I can. And as the chicken is grilling, I’ll brush it a few times with more of the dressing so it gets lots of flavor.
Not only is this salad delicious, it is healthy too! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
My 1 year old loves it too! He doesn’t eat the lettuce, but he devours the honey mustard chicken, bacon bits, grape tomatoes and avocado.Print
Honey Mustard Marinade / Dressing
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced in half horizontally so it’s 2 flatter pieces (I get my chicken and bacon from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Make the dressing by combing all ingredients. I usually make mine in a mason jar, put the lid on, and shake it to combine.
- Pour 1/3 of the dressing on top the chicken to marinate it for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day. Save the rest of the dressing for the salad.
- Cook the marinated chicken using your desired method until it reaches an internal temperature of 165º. Either grill over medium high heat for 5ish minutes per side, cook on the stove in a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 5ish minutes per side, or roast in a 425º oven for 10-15ish minutes.
- Make the salad by combing all ingredients, and topping with desired amount of dressing. Toss and serve.
More Paleo Salads
Grilled BBQ Chicken BLT Salad (paleo, whole30)
Kale and Blood Orange Salad (paleo)
Orange Almond Salad with Avocado (paleo, whole30)
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!