This recipe has a very special place in my heart, because it was created, cooked and photographed by my oh so nice husband Shawn.
Didn’t he do a great job!? Luckily I’m not the only one in this house who can cook.
These last 2 weeks have been a little nuts between working full time, filming weddings on weekends, changing tenants on our townhouse, blah blah blah. I came home from work, and Shawn had a huge smile on his face. First he told me to come outside to look at the outdoor dining set he picked up for us on Craigslist, which I loved!
Then he told me to sit down at it and relax, because he had a little appetizer for us to snack on.
He came out with these mustard grilled pineapple chicken wings, a cocktail for each of us, and told me to dig in. They were delicious! Crispy skin, tender meat, and packed with Asian flavors.
“Do you like ’em?”
“Ya Shawn, these are great! I hope you wrote the recipe down.”
“I did. And I photographed them for you so you can put them on your blog.”
I’m a lucky lady to have such a thoughtful guy. Was impressed at how well he did styling the pictures, and these pineapple chicken wings he came up with are a great recipe!
These mustard grilled pineapple chicken wings are seriously delicious. The wings are marinated in stone ground mustard and soy sauce, then grilled on the BBQ until the skin is nice and crispy. While the wings are grilling, you reduce this delicious pineapple Asian wing sauce. After the chicken wings are cooked thru they’re tossed in the pineapple Asian wing sauce, then topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
You won’t need any napkins, because you are going to be licking your fingers clean. Don’t waste 1 drop of this goodness!Print
- 12-15 chicken wings
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free, or coconut aminos for paleo
Asian Pineapple Wing Sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free, or coconut aminos for paleo
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a medium size bowl or large ziptop plastic bag, combine the stone ground mustard and soy sauce. Add the chicken wings, and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- In a medium size sauce pan, make the Asian pineapple wing sauce by combining the pineapple juice, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. Pour into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill grates over medium high heat, and brush with oil. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, discard the marinade. Cook the chicken wings over medium high heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown, and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken wings from the grill, toss them in the Asian pineapple wing sauce, top with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve while hot. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.