Mustard Grilled Pineapple Chicken Wings
This recipe has a very special place in my heart, because it was created, cooked and photographed by my oh so nice husband Shawn.
Didn’t he do a great job!? Luckily I’m not the only one in this house who can cook.
These last 2 weeks have been a little nuts between working full time, filming weddings on weekends, changing tenants on our townhouse, blah blah blah. I came home from work, and Shawn had a huge smile on his face. First he told me to come outside to look at the outdoor dining set he picked up for us on Craigslist, which I loved!
Then he told me to sit down at it and relax, because he had a little appetizer for us to snack on.
He came out with these mustard grilled pineapple chicken wings, a cocktail for each of us, and told me to dig in. They were delicious! Crispy skin, tender meat, and packed with Asian flavors.
“Do you like ’em?”
“Ya Shawn, these are great! I hope you wrote the recipe down.”
“I did. And I photographed them for you so you can put them on your blog.”
I’m a lucky lady to have such a thoughtful guy. Was impressed at how well he did styling the pictures, and these pineapple chicken wings he came up with are a great recipe!
These mustard grilled pineapple chicken wings are seriously delicious. The wings are marinated in stone ground mustard and soy sauce, then grilled on the BBQ until the skin is nice and crispy. While the wings are grilling, you reduce this delicious pineapple Asian wing sauce. After the chicken wings are cooked thru they’re tossed in the pineapple Asian wing sauce, then topped with green onions and sesame seeds.
You won’t need any napkins, because you are going to be licking your fingers clean. Don’t waste 1 drop of this goodness!
Mustard Grilled Pineapple Chicken Wings
- 12-15 chicken wings, I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free, or coconut aminos for paleo
Asian Pineapple Wing Sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free, or coconut aminos for paleo
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a medium size bowl or large ziptop plastic bag, combine the stone ground mustard and soy sauce. Add the chicken wings, and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- In a medium size sauce pan, make the Asian pineapple wing sauce by combining the pineapple juice, 4 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. Pour into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill grates over medium high heat, and brush with oil. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, discard the marinade. Cook the chicken wings over medium high heat for about 8-10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown, and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken wings from the grill, toss them in the Asian pineapple wing sauce, top with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve while hot. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
28 Comments on “Mustard Grilled Pineapple Chicken Wings”
We don’t have a grill but this sounds amazing, how would you recommend we bake these instead?
Yes! Roasting works too! I’d roast at 425ºF for about 20-30 minutes until crispy and cooked through : )
Ok, that is the cutest thing ever!! I can relate to be insanely busy and just wanting someone to help with a blog post. Go Shawn! These look so good too. Loving the pineapple addition.
Just discovered your blog – love it! So many great recipes. Already pinned 3!!
Nice work, Shawn! I can’t get enough pineapple, and incorporating it in a wing recipe is a great idea.
Love that he created and photographed a recipe for you, Natalie. So cute!
What a super cutie…. Best hubby award goes to Shawn. Do they sell him in bulk? And can I pre-order? Bless him cooking, and looking after you, oh and taking beautiful pictures too. Looks a stella recipe, can’t wait for summer to come round, I really like the fresh pineapple as a side. Delicious.
Natalie, these chicken wings are making my mouth drool!! Amazing!!
The chicken wings are so amazing… the sauce is amazing so simple and flavourful… :D