Five Things for Friday
1. Remember my crazy week last week? Well, after filming the wedding on Saturday, we had crossed all of the tough things off our list. We went out to breakfast to celebrate a day full of nothing Sunday morning. As soon as our food came out, our new tenants texted us that they cracked and shattered one of the mirror closet doors. This was our reaction. You just have to laugh! I sent Shawn over to haul out the old one, and install a new one.
2. We went out with friends to a sports bar in town to watch the World Cup on Sunday. And of course had to have some beer, even though it was only 3 in the afternoon! Was so exciting watching with all the screaming fans! I’m not really into sports, but love getting into big games like these.
3. This handsome fella had a birthday this week. We went out on a fancy date and he got a big hunk of meat on a bone. He loves big hunks of meat on bones.
4. I’ve been wanting to get this macro lens for food photography and detail shots for wedding photography, but have been weary of the big price tag. I read that you can add macro filters to non-macro lenses to make them a macro lens. I got this cheapy 50mm lens, and these macro lens filters, and it is working great! And all for just $130, 1/10th the price of the one I wanted! Look at this great shot of a bee Shawn got. I love new camera equipment.
5. After 7 weeks of looking, I finally found the perfect outdoor table for our new place! I didn’t think it would be so difficult, but apparently here in California people don’t sell off much outdoor furniture. There was slim pickens. And what people were selling was not cute. I saw this one and loved it, but didn’t love the price. I emailed her and asked if she would take $400? She said yes, and they came with these 2 lounge chairs. DEAL!
It was perfect timing, because we are moving today! It couldn’t have worked out better, because this weekend is 1 of the 3 free weekends we have between now and October.
I don’t think I could be more excited! Can’t stop smiling. It is a very happy Friday indeed : )
32 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
What a week that was for you guys! Great score on the outdoor furniture; I’m sure it looks great at the new place! That lens and filter is a great idea. You’ll have to keep us posted on how you’re using it and thoughts as you use it more.
You guys are too cute. I am not into sports either but I’ve loved watching all the World Cup games. And best of luck moving!
I’m not really in to sports either, but I have really enjoyed watching the World Cup and I have even been screaming at my TV haha
Oooops… missed that Friday. How fantastic is the World Cup? I am not at all a soccer/football fan, but for some reason, I am absolutely captivated by by world cup. Australia were out so quick, boo hiss. Hope the move went well and you are all settled into your new home. Also, thanks for the lens trick, very much appreciated.
What a great little lens trick, Natalie! I have that 50mm 1.8 lens but I really do feel frustrated sometimes that I can’t get closer shots.
Cool table, too! Ahhh … makes me want to come on over there and test out those loungers for you. Does the pool come with them?
You may choose specially treated to make sure to give grosfillex canada inc your stop a
shine and change color to soft silver. If you spend your spare time in the liquid seep into the design and material of outdoor furniture material to
go with wooden furniture.
Good luck with the move darling! That table looks lovely and I’m sure it will be perfect for the new place ;) Also, I hope you do get some relax soon! xxxx
I got a macro filter for my 50 mm and I can’t get it to focus. I wonder what I’m doing wrong? I’ll have to try to use it again. Great bee shot!
Happy birthday to your husband, Nat. You guys are so cute together. I love the first picture. and your husband are the cutest, Natalie! And I think I would start laughing too if I received a call from my tenants too on my “relaxing” Sunday. Thanks for the tip about the macro lens filters. I’ve never heard about it. I will take a look at it. And your patio furniture looks gorgeous, what a great steal! Have a wonderful weekend, friend ;-)
Happy Birthday to Shawn! Girl, you are the queen of deals on Craigslist! I can’t believe you got all that for $400 bucks. I also had no idea you could buy those macro lens filters and put them on other lenses! I just bought a 50mm and love it. For that price, I should try out the macro filter. Happy weekend!
Happy Birthday to your HUBS!! :) He and I have the best birthday week EVER ;) And he and I also both love huge hunks of meat, however, I would totally polish your fish dish too!! LOL!
Happy Friday! It’s great that you guys so close that you can handle repairs on your own. We have renters in another state. One night they sent a text at 9pm saying they couldn’t close the garage door. You just shake your head and laugh.
Great bee picture! I’d love a macro lens…one day :D