Whole30 Homemade Almond Milk (Paleo + Keto)
Whole30 Homemade Almond Milk recipe – just 2 ingredients! Tastes so much better than store bought, and cheaper too! Paleo, keto, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, vegan.
Now that I’ve made my own almond milk, I will never buy store bought again!
It tastes so delicious and fresh and smooth. When I buy store bought almond milk (that can somehow sit out on the shelf for months at a time?), I would never dream of drinking it plain. It has such a thin and watery taste. But homemade is such a tasty treat!
Homemade almond milk is so easy to make.
You soak the almonds overnight, and in the morning you blend it and strain it and it’s all ready in less than 15 minutes!
How to make Whole30 Homemade Almond Milk
I strain the almond milk in a nut milk bag, essential to separating all the almond pulp from the almond milk. And don’t get rid of that almond pulp! I use it to make paleo + keto almond pulp crackers, or whole30, paleo + keto almond pulp porridge.
I store the almond milk in these 1 quart glass bottles. It holds all the almond milk this recipe makes, and the glass doesn’t alter the taste at all when it’s being stored in the fridge.
When I make my almond milk, I like making it plain and unsweetened. That way, I can use it any cooking application. I
In the recipe notes I add how to make it sweetened and/or vanilla if that’s how you prefer it.
Watch how to make Homemade Almond Milk:
- 2 cups + 4 cups water, separated (filtered or distilled water is best, but tap water is fine too!)
- 1 cup raw, organic almonds*
- Soak the almonds in 2 cups distilled water overnight.
- Strain the almonds and discard the soaking water. (I discard it because the water gets discolored from the almond skin, and I want my almond milk to be as white as can be.)
- In your high speed blender, combine the soaked almonds and 4 cups distilled water. Blend on high for 60-90 seconds.
- Put the nut milk bag over a medium size bowl. Pour the almond milk in to the nut milk bag. Squeeze to drain out all the liquid. (Save the almond pulp to make crackers or porridge!)
- Pour the strained almond milk in to the quart glass. Will keep in the fridge for 10-14 days.
*For best quality almonds, source steam pasteurized almonds. Costco, Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Sprouts only sell steam pasteurized almonds, and all those are safe to use.
**Add 3-4 pitted dates to make this sweetened (will no longer be Whole30 if you add in dates), and/or the vanilla beans scraped from 1 vanilla bean to make it vanilla flavored.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!