Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe + Video – Only 5 net carbs! A low carb + dairy free double chocolate zucchini muffins. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, clean eating, real food.
Let’s do some keto baking!
These keto chocolate zucchini muffins are so insanely, unbelievably good my family was seriously shocked when I told them they were low carb, dairy free and gluten free. They taste SO MUCH like the real deal, but much healthier. Healthy enough to have for breakfast!
Table of Contents
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Ingredients
My garden is about to be overflowing with zucchini. Best problem ever! I love to use my zucchini to make zucchini fries, sauteed zucchini, zucchini noodles, but zucchini is amazing in baked goods too! It adds a subtle sweetness, keeps them moist and packs in veggies into a sweet treat. Win win!
To keep these low carb they’re made with almond flour, cacao powder and sweetened with monk fruit. I add in keto dark chocolate chips for some added texture and even more chocolate flavor. Lily’s makes my favorite low carb chocolate chips for baking.
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Texture
The resulting muffin is AMAZING! It is cakey, moist and has a delicate crumb. It’s not dry and crumbly at all thanks to the zucchini, coconut oil and eggs. The chocolate chips get soft and melty, and the tops of the muffins get a little bit crispy like the tops of brownies. I can’t say this enough, this muffins are SO GOOD!
You could serve these as cupcakes for dessert, and they’re healthy enough for breakfast or a snack. My kids can’t get enough of these, and neither can I!
Watch Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Recipe Demo (5:25 minutes)
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup monk fruit
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium zucchini, grated and all the water out using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips, I love these by Lily's
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Prepare your muffin pan. I have this silicone muffin pan that I put on a rimmed baking sheet and spray with coconut oil spray. If you have a metal muffin pan, set in muffin liners.
- In a medium size bowl, add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda + salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, monk fruit, coconut oil + vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Add in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. I like using a large cookie scoop to keep it mess free. It takes 1 full cookie scoop and then 3/4 of a 2nd cookie scoop to fill each muffin cup. You want them filled 4/5 to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the batter is still wet, bake another minute or 2 and check again.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Leftovers will keep on the counter for 1-2 days, refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!