Keto Grilled Steak Tacos
These keto grilled steak tacos are made with seasoned flat iron steak, then served street style on low carb jicama wraps. They’ll satisfy all your taco cravings for a fraction of the carbs!
Table of Contents
Keto Grilled Steak Tacos Inspiration
In California, we have access to some of the best carne asada you could ever imagine! Inspired by the amazing tacos I’ve had, I wanted to create my own version! And so we have my newest recipe, Keto Grilled Steak Tacos! This super easy recipe keeps you out of your hot kitchen and is done on the barbeque in 15 min! I personally love the way these taste grilled on our charcoal grill, but check out the recipe notes below for other cooking options.
Taco Tips & Tricks
For these Keto Grilled Steak Tacos, I simply grill my steak 5 min per side. I use Flat Iron steak from Belcampo because it’s so thin it cooks really fast. After you’re done grilling, let it rest 5 min, then serve! I serve my tacos on jicama wraps that you can get from Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, or Costco. I bring them to room temperature and they are *so* yummy and give that same crunch as a taco shell! The great thing is, you can mix things up with your favorite keto tortilla or butter lettuce as the shell. Sprinkle with some chopped onions and cilantro, squeeze some lime and that’s it!
Watch Recipe Video
If you make these keto grilled steak tacos be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Grilled Steak Tacos
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- jicama wraps
- sliced avocado
- chopped white onion
- finely chopped cilantro
- wedges of lime
- Light your charcoals in your grill and allow to warm for 10 minutes. Clean the grill grates if necessary. (See notes for stove top or gas grill)
- While the grill is heating up, pat the flat iron steak dry with paper towels. Drizzle each side of the steak with avocado oil and the seasoning. Use your hands to rub it in. Will make a paste.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- Serve warm on jicama wraps (or favorite keto taco shell) with sliced avocado, white onion, cilantro and lime.
- Leftover steak will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info below in the Recipe Notes!