Healthy Maple Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies
These allergy friendly chocolate chip cookies are sweetened with maple syrup, no sugar needed! They’re healthy, made with almond flour, no eggs, made in 1 bowl with no chilling time, and very keto friendly.
I made these cookies on a whim with my 3 year old when he was asking to make chocolate chip cookies using what we had.
I used almond flour and tapioca flour to keep them gluten free. Add in the tapioca flour gives them more of a cookie like texture versus all almond flour (which can get crumbly). I sweetened them with all pure maple syrup to keep them refined sugar free (no sugar needed at all!). And left out the egg, so egg free!
I’m shocked at how well they turned out!
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
Maple Syrup Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- In the same bowl, pour in all the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix together until the batter is fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips, and fold them in with a spatula until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (or measure out 1.5 tablespoons) to divide up the cookie dough. Lightly press the cookie dough to flatten and form the shape of the cookie. I like to oil my fingers with a bit of coconut oil so my fingers don't stick to the cookie dough while pressing out.
- I like to manually press in a few more chocolate chips on top of the flattened cookie dough before baking, this will make your cookies look so much prettier. Then, sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the cookies are set and the edges are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Enjoy warm or room temperature.
- Leftover cookies will keep open to the air on the counter for at least 3 days, in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 2 weeks, or frozen for at least 1 year.
- See the Recipe Notes below for more tips, FAQ's and ingredient substitutions.