Perfect-Every-Time Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Shrimp marinated in a lemon garlic marinade, then broiled in the oven for less than 5 minutes, that is promised to turn out perfect every single time.
I have one of my favorite quick recipes to share with you while you’re surely grocery shopping and pie making and turkey defrosting like mad.
4 reasons why you will love this method for cooking shrimp, and may never cook shrimp any other way again:
1. The marinade is only 3 ingredients that flavor and compliment the shrimp perfectly. Hurray for flavorful!
2. It is less than 10 minutes of active prep time, and less than 5 minutes of cook time. Hurray for not being chained to the stove cooking all night!
3. It only requires 1 bowl and 1 baking sheet (lined with parchment paper). Hurray for easy clean up!
4. It turns out perfect every time! Double hip-hip-hurray!
Serve it on top of salads, use it on top of pastas, serve along side steak for surf and turf, the possibilities are endless. You must try this method the next time you make shrimp. I insist!
Perfect-Every-Time Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 pound frozen peeled & deveined medium to large size shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped, about 1 tablespoon
- zest of 1 lemon, about 2 teaspoon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Thaw the shrimp in a bowl of cool water. After it has thawed drain the shrimp in a colander and shake it to get rid of extra moisture.
- 2. Make the marinade by mixing the olive olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper in a medium size bowl. (Do not add in lemon juice since the acid will cook the shrimp as it marinates, only add the lemon zest)
- 3. Add in the shrimp and toss to combine. Cover with saran wrap or a paper towel and allow to marinate for 30 minutes on your counter. You're marinating on the counter so the shrimp will be room temperature, which will allow for even cooking under the broiler.
- 4. Put your oven rack at the top position and turn your broiler on high. Allow to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*. Gently remove the shrimp from the marinade so the marinade is still coating the shrimp** and lay in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 5. Broil shrimp until they just start to turn pink, anywhere from 3-6 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp.
- 6. Remove from oven and serve while warm.
- 7. Will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
33 Comments on “Perfect-Every-Time Lemon Garlic Shrimp”
one time I was making this and my kid came home from a playdate with a fistful of fresh basil from his friend’s dad’s garden. I shredded some and tossed it in. Was so good! I use this for trout also, big kid doesn’t like shrimp but loves trout so we have trout/shrimp night.
Oh my gosh Squeaky that sounds so delicious! So glad the recipe works well with trout too!
Another winner… I love all the quick/easy recipe choices!
Yeah! I am so glad my shrimp was a winner Lexi. I am so happy you are enjoying my recipes. Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
This shrimp looks so yummy! Very good recipe and I’m sure my family would love this since we love shrimp!
Thanks Anna! I hope your family loves it if you make it. And thanks for your sweet comment : )
We loved it!
Hurray! I’m so glad : )
Love lemon garlic shrimp! It’s such a great base to start with and then you can add all the carbs around it, haha – delish! I bet the house smelled amazing.
So true! I usually make these to be “healthy” but end up piling them on top of pasta, ha!
Honestly Natalie, I just fell in love with this shrimp! They all look so delicious and definitely perfect! Can’t wait to try these yummy little things!
Thanks Pamela! You will definitely fall in love with these. What’s better than an easy and tasty recipe?!
This shrimp is right up my alley — simple and flavorful!
I’m SO making these next week! Looks so good & so easy!
Thanks Ashley! And you must make these for Bryan. He will *love* them : )
That looks so soooo good. Will have to try it this weekend.
Thanks Kim! I hope you and your family love them : )
What a simple and delicious looking recipe! Love how easy this is, Natalie. Thanks for the tips!
Thanks Rachel! I love how easy it is too. Great for lazy weeknights when all I want to do is lay down and watch Real Housewives. Ha!
Goodness Natalie…these sure do look perfect! What a delicious and easy appetizer that is sure to please! Thank you for sharing it!
Thanks Monet! You’re so sweet. It does make a great appetizer. In fact, you just made me realize I should probably file this under my “appetizer” recipes too. Only put it as an “entree”. So double thanks!
Natalie, these shrimp look perfect and so easy! I would love this on top of a fresh green salad.
Thanks Ashley! I love an easy-peasy recipe. One of my favorite ways to eat these is on a caesar salad. Yum. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Making this tonight, lady! Darryl just got home with shrimp!
Hurray! I hoped your family loved it. Lucky you to have a husband who comes home with shrimp : )
I on the other hand just made us a quick salad because I’ve been baking pies all night. I need more than 1 oven!
I have a recipe like this one as well, except i add red pepper flakes as well because we like it spicy. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare shrimp, simple and quick. Fantastic and beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Thanks Kathy! Oooh, I bet my husband would love the addition of red pepper flakes, he likes spicy food a lot. Sadly I don’t make him much spicy food because I can barely handle red pepper flakes, ha! Definitely a mild spice girl. But thanks for the tip. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too. Post pictures on Instagram : )
My husband doesn’t like shrimp, but more for me!!! I love how simple this is. Lemon + garlic = fabulous. :)
There will be tons more for you! I have the opposite problem, my husband is *obsessed* with shrimp so I have to fight him for the leftovers. Ha!