Shrimp marinated in a lemon garlic marinade, then broiled in the oven for less than 5 minutes, that is promised to turn out perfect every single time.
I have one of my favorite quick recipes to share with you while you’re surely grocery shopping and pie making and turkey defrosting like mad.
4 reasons why you will love this method for cooking shrimp, and may never cook shrimp any other way again:
1. The marinade is only 3 ingredients that flavor and compliment the shrimp perfectly. Hurray for flavorful!
2. It is less than 10 minutes of active prep time, and less than 5 minutes of cook time. Hurray for not being chained to the stove cooking all night!
3. It only requires 1 bowl and 1 baking sheet (lined with parchment paper). Hurray for easy clean up!
4. It turns out perfect every time! Double hip-hip-hurray!
Serve it on top of salads, use it on top of pastas, serve along side steak for surf and turf, the possibilities are endless. You must try this method the next time you make shrimp. I insist!Print
- 1 Thaw the shrimp in a bowl of cool water. After it has thawed drain the shrimp in a colander and shake it to get rid of extra moisture.
- 2. Make the marinade by mixing the olive olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper in a medium size bowl. (Do not add in lemon juice since the acid will cook the shrimp as it marinates, only add the lemon zest)
- 3. Add in the shrimp and toss to combine. Cover with saran wrap or a paper towel and allow to marinate for 30 minutes on your counter. You’re marinating on the counter so the shrimp will be room temperature, which will allow for even cooking under the broiler.
- 4. Put your oven rack at the top position and turn your broiler on high. Allow to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*. Gently remove the shrimp from the marinade so the marinade is still coating the shrimp** and lay in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- 5. Broil shrimp until they just start to turn pink, anywhere from 3-6 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp.
- 6. Remove from oven and serve while warm.
- 7. Will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.
The shrimp can marinate up to 2 days in advance in an airtight container in your fridge. But before you cook it, allow the shrimp to rest in the marinade on the counter until it reaches room temperature, at least 1 hour.
* Don’t allow the parchment paper to touch the oven coils or it will burn *
** There will be at least 1/8 cup of olive oil marinade mixture remaining after you remove the shrimp **
- Calories: 165
- Fat: <1g
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!