This is my kind of margarita.
I just love margaritas. I crave them on warm, summery days. But they have to be made juuust right.
Margaritas are best when they’re homemade. I’ve never found a premade margarita mix that I like. They are all too sugary and just, well, fake tasting. Nothing can beat fresh lime juice.
Plus, those premade mixes have SO many calories! This delicious cucumber lime margarita only has 135 calories. It’s a drink both your mouth and waist will love.
And like my other favorite skinny cocktail, this sugar free margarita should help you avoid any hangovers the next day. Which means if you have a few of these on Monday night for Cinco de Mayo, you’ll be good to go Tuesday morning.
These super refreshing cucumber lime margaritas are my new obsession. They are made with just 3 ingredients: cucumber juice, tequila and lime juice. Doesn’t get simpler than that. It tastes just like a margarita, with a hint of cooling cucumber juice.
The cucumber gives these margaritas a refreshing flavor without adding sugar and very few calories. I feel like the cucumber juice is hydrating me, even though it’s a cocktail. Drinking this is basically like going on a juice cleanse, right?
You can make the cucumber juice in a juicer or a blender. Be sure to peel the cucumber before hand, since the skin tends to be a bit more bitter. If you don’t have a juicer, just blend the cucumber in a blender and strain the juice from the pulp using a fine mesh sieve.
The lime juice gives the margarita a nice, tart bite that compliments the cucumber juice wonderfully and gives this drink an authentic margarita flavor.
And the tequila gives you a nice little buzz, *wink*.
I just love the gorgeous, naturally green color the cucumber juice gives these cucumber lime margaritas. No artificial colors or flavors here!
- 2 cucumbers*, peeled, makes roughly 1.5 cups of juice
Cucumber Lime Margarita
- 1-1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1-1/2 ounces fresh lime juice (usually half a lime)
- 3 ounces cucumber juice
- lime and cucumber wedges for garnish
- Cucumber juice: Juice the peeled cucumbers in your juicer or blender. If using a blender, add the cucumber and blend for about 30-45 seconds until it looks like thick juice. Separate the pulp from the juice by setting a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or large measuring cup. Gently push on the pulp using a wooden spoon or spatula. There will be enough cucumber juice to make 4 margaritas.
- Margarita: In an 8 ounce glass filled with ice, add the tequila, lime juice and cucumber juice. Stir to combine. Garnish with a wedge of cucumber and lime.
*I prefer regular cucumbers over english cucumbers since they have a higher water content and make more juice.
If you like your margaritas on the sweeter side, stir in 1 teaspoon agave nectar.
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: <1g
- Fat: <1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!