Thai Coconut Lime Chicken
Thai Coconut Lime Chicken brings new life to plain chicken breasts. Full of coconut and lime flavor!
Friends. I’m sweating. Non stop.
We don’t have any AC, and it has been almost 100 degrees for the past week. So for the past 7 days I have been sporting a very shiny face. I’m hoping I’m coming off as looking “dewy”, but I’m pretty sure I’m coming off as “drenched.”
I keep finding excuses to open the fridge and the freezer, and lingering for much too long just to feel the coolness spilling out.
With hot temperatures like this, the thought of turning on my oven and heating up the house any more practically brings me to tears. No more heat!
Thank goodness for our outdoor grill. Otherwise we would be eating nothing but cold salads. And ice cubes.
I was getting bored with my standard plain grilled chicken, and wanted to create a recipe that would add some mouth watering flavors. After spying a can of coconut milk sitting in my pantry just begging to be used, this Thai coconut lime chicken recipe was born!
This Thai coconut lime chicken is made by marinating boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a delicious Thai marinade of coconut milk, lime zest, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and a little curry powder. When you’re grilling your coconut lime chicken, keep brushing it with the Thai marinade to get the maximum amount of flavor. Serve it sprinkled with freshly chopped cilantro, and you MUST serve it with my coconut lime rice.
If you love coconut, this is the dinner for you. Eating it will make you feel like you are enjoying dinner on a tropical island. I can almost feel the ocean breeze now.
Except, it’s just the fan in my window blowing warm air around the room. Is it winter yet?Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- lime wedges for garnish
- cilantro leaves for garnish
Thai coconut lime marinade
- In a large baking dish or ziploc bag, make the Thai coconut lime marinade by combining all ingredients and stirring to combine. Add in the chicken breasts, and marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium high heat. Grill the chicken, and baste it with the marinate several times. Cook until the chicken is cooked thru, about 8 minutes per side. Discard the marinade after done basting.
- Serve the chicken warm, topped with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
This chicken is amazing with my coconut lime rice!
The marinade makes enough for 4 chicken breasts
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!