Whole30 + Keto BBQ Sauce Chicken Thighs
Whole30 + Keto BBQ Sauce Chicken Thighs Recipe – only 3 carbs! Grilled chicken thighs smothered in a homemade low carb bbq sauce. Grill and oven baked instructions. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
This is the easiest, most delicious 2 ingredient dinner that is ready in 30 minutes!
All you need is chicken thighs and bbq sauce!
Keto BBQ Sauce
You are going to be shocked at how easy it is to make your own low carb bbq sauce. Ready in just 5 minutes! I bet you have all the ingredients for it in your house right now. You are never going to buy it in the store again!
Best part? Only 3 carbs!
Grilled Or Oven Baked Method
If you’re able to grill, that is my favorite way to make these whole30 + keto bbq sauce chicken thighs. It get’s that amazing grilled flavor.
Don’t have an outdoor grill? No problem! I included oven baked instructions for you too!
- Heat your outdoor grill over medium high heat. Works with gas, charcoal or smoker grill. On our Traeger, we set the temperature to 375ºF.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt + pepper.
- Grill for 25 minutes with the lid on, until the chicken thighs are almost cooked through, and the skin is getting crispy.
- Slather each side of the chicken thighs in bbq sauce, cover and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill. Serve warm. I love serving these with a green salad tossed in my Homemade Whole30 + Keto Ranch Dressing (seriously the best ranch you’ll ever have!)
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Set in the wire rack. (This will work without a wire rack, I prefer setting them on the wire rack so the chicken doesn’t sit in its juices and will get crispier)
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt + pepper. Set them on the wire rack baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked through and the chicken skin is getting crispy.
- Slather both sides of the chicken with bbq sauce. Return to the oven and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve warm. I love serving these with a green salad tossed in my Homemade Whole30 + Keto Ranch Dressing (seriously the best ranch you’ll ever have!)
You can use boneless chicken thighs too! You will only need to cook for 15 minutes at first, then smother in bbq sauce and cook another 5 minutes. They cook a lot faster without the bone in.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!