Whole30 + Keto Sauteed Spinach
Whole30 + Keto Sautéed Spinach – The secret to tender spinach that isn’t soggy! Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Whole30 + Keto Sautéed Spinach
Spinach is packed with so many vitamins and minerals. It is a great whole30 + keto side dish, as long as it is cooked correctly! Nothing worse than overly wilted, watery spinach.
There are 4 secrets to perfect sautéed spinach:
- Cook it in a nonstick skillet. Spinach is so delicate, a cast iron skillet is too rough for it. My favorite is this (toxic free!) ceramic coated skillet.
- Wait to salt the spinach until after it is done cooking and is on your plate. Salting it while cooking draws out the water, and leads to soggy, watery spinach.
- Pull the spinach off BEFORE it looks done! The spinach will continue to cook down on the plate from the residual heat. Pull it off just as it is starting to wilt. Will give you perfect, al dente spinach.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. You want to be able to easily turn and move all the spinach in the pan. If it is too crowded, some spinach will get overcooked while some doesn’t get cooked at all. Best to work in batches if making more than 2 servings worth of spinach.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes until warm.
- Add in the ghee and garlic. Sautee for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the spinach. Using tongs, stir constantly until just soft, about 1 minute. Don’t let the spinach get too wilted. It will continue to cook down off the heat.
- Transfer to a plate, then season with salt. If you season while cooking, it draws out too much water and gives you soggy spinach.
- If you need to make more servings, work in batches. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!