Whole30 + Keto Tuscan Chicken Soup
Whole30 + Keto Tuscan Chicken Soup Recipe + Video – a low carb 30 minute instant pot chicken soup with all the flavors of Italy! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
A bowl full of delicious vegetables, tender chicken and all the flavors of Italy.
This whole30 + keto tuscan chicken soup is going to be your new favorite for cold winter nights.
Ingredients in Whole30 + Keto Tuscan Chicken Soup
This soup is an Italian spin on classic chicken soup. Along with your classic chicken soup stars (chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic), this soup also has radishes to add heartiness while still being low carb. They act as potatoes when cooked in the soup.
Rosemary, thyme + fennel seeds adds tons of freshness and mimics the flavors of italian sausage. The soup is finished with balsamic vinegar for brightness, and spinach to add in even more vegetables.
Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Soup
To make this an even more simple soup, it is made in the instant pot in just 15 minutes! You don’t even need to saute the vegetables before.
Simply add in all the raw ingredients, pressure cook for 15 minutes, and you have soup that tastes like it’s been simmering all day.
Freezing Tuscan Chicken Soup
Like most of my soup recipes, this soup freezes beautifully! This makes enough to serve 6, so you can enjoy leftovers for lunches, or freeze for up to 6 months.
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound radishes, sliced in half
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (juice + tomatoes)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 ounces spinach
- In your instant pot, combine the chicken thighs, carrots, celery, onion, radishes, diced tomatoes, garlic, salt, rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds, + chicken stock. Stir to combine.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Remove the chicken thighs. Discard the skin and bones, shred the meat. Return to the instant pot.
- Add in the balsamic vinegar and spinach. Stir to combine. Taste for salt + pepper. Adjust if needed.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Stovetop Instructions: In your soup pot over medium heat, saute the carrots, celery, onion + garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft. Add in all the remaining ingredients except balsamic vinegar and spinach. Partially cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Shred the chicken, add in the balsamic + spinach. Serve warm.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!