Whole30 Tri Tip Arugula Salad (Keto, Paleo)
Whole30 Tri Tip Arugula Salad Recipe + Video – Simple and delicious keto + paleo grilled tri tip over arugula with pickled onions. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating.
This keto + whole30 tri tip arugula salad is a salad that my husband actually gets excited about having for dinner. Haha!
Grilled tri tip on top of a bed of arugula tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. Top it with some pickled onions, and you’re in for a filling, flavorful, satisfying salad.
Now that the weather is warming up, I love making salads to avoid heating up the house too much.
I send my husband outside to grill the tri tip (which I get from Butcherbox and is the absolute best I have ever had! I highly recommend!).
All that’s left for me is to make the homemade red wine vinaigrette dressing and toss it in the arugula. Takes me less than 5 minutes. So quick and simple!
I season the tri tip simply with salt and pepper.
No need for a marinade. You’re going to get a ton of flavor from the salad dressing and pickled onions.
I love grilled the tri tip on the BBQ to give it those amazing char marks and that delicious grilled flavor.
If you don’t have a grill, you can still make this on your indoor grill grate!
Whole30 Arugula Tri Tip Salad (Keto, Paleo)
- 1.5 pounds tri tip, I get my tri tip from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!
- kosher salt + pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- kosher salt + pepper
- 6 cups baby arugula
- pickled onions, <- link to recipe
- Preheat your BBQ (or indoor grill pan) over medium high heat.
- Season the tri tip generously with kosher salt + pepper.
- Grill the tri tip on the grill until it has an internal temperature of 125ºF for medium rare, about 8-10 minutes per side. Remove the tri tip from the heat and rest for 15 minutes.
- While the tri tip is resting, make your salad dressing in the bottom of your salad bowl. Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, and kosher salt + pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add in the arugula, and toss.
- After the tri tip has rested, slice against the grain. Add it on top of the arugula, and garnish with pickled onions.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
One Comment on “Whole30 Tri Tip Arugula Salad (Keto, Paleo)”
This salad is perfect! My husband and I ate this for dinner once a week over the summer! The salad dressing is amazing with the arugula and the steak. It will always be a staple meal in this house!