Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
Paleo Almond Butter Cookies Recipe + Video – just 5 ingredients, 1 bowl, no chilling and no flour! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
You’ve asked for it, and here it is! Paleo Almond Butter Cookies!
These are a spin on my extremely popular Dairy Free Peanut Butter Cookies. Have you made those yet? That recipe has so many comments from readers who have made it and loved it! It is made without flour. Just peanut butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla and baking soda.
Many of you commented or emailed asking if the recipe could be made using almond butter and/or a paleo friendly sweetener. I did some testing, and now have this paleo friendly almond butter cookie version that I must say, I like even MORE!
Ingredients in Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
Just like the dairy free peanut butter cookies, this recipe also skips a flour or flour replacement all together.
These cookies are made with just almond butter, coconut sugar, 1 egg, vanilla and baking soda. All ingredients you probably have in your kitchen right now! I use my homemade almond butter, since it is my very favorite. But you could use store bought also.
Sweetener In Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
I played around with different paleo friendly sweeteners to use. Coconut sugar was by far my favorite.
Coconut sugar gives it this amazing, caramelized flavor that I love even more than regular sugar. Honey and maple syrup add too much liquid to the batter, so I don’t recommend substituting them. The cookies get much too thin.
These taste like a legit cookie you would get at a bakery. Crispy on the outer edges, just the slightest bit soft and gooey in the center. And since there is no flour, the cookie has an intense almond butter flavor that I can’t get enough of.
There is no need to do the typical cross hash with a fork that peanut butter cookies need. There is more fat in the almond butter, so the cookies spread fine themselves without having to be flattened out.
When I give these to family and friends, they don’t believe me when I tell them they are paleo. They’re that good!
The 1 year old loves these cookies too, and I love giving them to him! They have healthy fats from the almond butter, and I love that they are refined sugar free. Great dessert to give to little ones.
Watch How to Make Almond Butter Cookies Recipe Video:
Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter, or store bought works too, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º with 2 oven racks closest to the center. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop out the dough (1.5 tablespoon balls), placing them on the baking sheet with enough room to spread out.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are puffed. (The cookies will flatten and "crackle" as they cool) Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Particularly good with my homemade almond milk.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 year.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!