Blended Strawberry Mango Margarita
A light and fruity blended strawberry mango margarita served in a sugar and salt rimmed glass. Perfect summertime tequila cocktail.
When I turned 21, the very first drink I ordered with my newly legal ID was a strawberry margarita at a Mexican restaurant. One of those huge, gigantic margaritas that is big enough for the whole table to share. It came in a margarita glass that could double as a large fish bowl, with a bunch of long straws. I don’t even want to think about how much spittle made it’s way back into that drink from all the shared straws. Ick!
But here’s the thing, that strawberry margarita was…gross. So sugary and overly sweet, and fake tasting. Something only a 21 year old could enjoy.
I watched them make it at the bar. The strawberry margarita mix came out frozen from a slurpee machine, and they just poured tequila on top and mixed it in with a big spoon.
No fresh strawberry juice, no fresh lime juice. And I’m sure the tequila was the cheapest quality of all.
Luckily my taste has evolved a lot since then, and now when I want order a margarita it has to be made with all fresh ingredients, and good quality tequila.
To make up for that horrendous 21st birthday drink, I’ve created a much better version of the strawberry margarita. A blended strawberry mango margarita. I love the addition of the mango. It gives a tropical and smooth flavor to the margarita, and also keeps it from being too sweet. I make it with frozen strawberries and fresh mango, but you could easily use frozen mangos too. Add in lots of freshly squeezed lime juice, Patron silver tequila and a salt & sugar rimmed glass, and you have the perfect margarita.
The fruit adds enough natural sweetness, so I don’t add in any sugar to keep these margaritas refined sugar free. But if you like your drinks extra sweet, feel free to add in some sugar.
You should definitely make this for Cinco de Mayo next week.Print
Strawberry Mango Margarita
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup high quality silver tequila
- juice from 2 limes, about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon salt
- Sliced strawberry, mango and/or lime (optional)
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, mango, ice, tequila and lime juice. Blend until smooth and combined.
- On a small plate, combine the sugar and salt and stir together with a fork. Take a slice of lime and rub it around the edge of the serving glasses to get them wet. Dip the edge of the glass into the salt and sugar mixture.
- Pour the strawberry mango margaritas into the salt and sugar rimmed glasses. Garnish with a strawberry, slice of mango and/or lime wedge and serve.
-I find the fruit adds enough natural sweetness, so I don’t add in any sugar. But if you like your drinks extra sweet, feel free to add in some sugar
More Margarita’s to Enjoy
Skinny No Hangover Margarita (<– just substitute tequila for vodka!)
Even More Margarita Recipes from my Blogging Friends
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!