Paleo Banana Muffins
Paleo Banana Muffins Recipe. The BEST paleo banana muffins! Moist with a delicate crumb. You would never guess these were paleo! Made with almond flour and sweetened with bananas and coconut sugar. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating.
These paleo banana bread muffins are so delicious you would never guess they were paleo!
They fooled my husband, who is the harshest critic of all. He couldn’t believe these were made with almond flour instead of all purpose flour.
Table of Contents
How to Make Paleo Banana Muffins in the Blender
I’ve made these countless times to get the recipe just perfect.
Almond Flour Banana Muffins Ingredients
I use 4 bananas to make these. The best kind to use are when they are ripe with brown freckles. If they’re all yellow, they’re not as sweet and have too much starch. If they’re completely brown they have too much moisture and the muffins will be too soggy.
I add just 1/4 cup coconut sugar to give them the perfect amount of sweetness, since the ripe bananas already offer plenty of sweetness.
The only other ingredients are eggs, coconut oil, baking powder, vanilla and salt. So clean and healthy!
I like topping my paleo banana muffins with chopped pecans because it gives it a great crunch. You can skip it if you don’t have nuts on hand. Or you can use another favorite nut, like walnuts or almonds.
I love making these paleo banana muffins and feeding them to my family. They’re so healthy, and packed with protein. Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and delicious! Shawn grabs one to eat on the way to work, and they’re the perfect snack for the kids.
I love these with a spread of almond butter. Yum!
Watch Recipe Video Demo (3:57 mins)
Paleo Banana Muffins
- 4 medium bananas, slightly over ripe with brown freckles
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees with the oven rack in the middle.
- In a high speed blender, combine the bananas, eggs, almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, baking powder, vanilla, and salt . Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan, filling each muffin to the top so they get big, puffy tops.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the chopped pecans on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Will keep on the counter for 3 days, in an airtight container refrigerated for 1 week, or frozen for 6 months.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!