Five Things for Friday
1. I have found the best “cheapy” aviator sunglasses! Remember how my Coach sunglasses got stolen from my purse at the gym? I had to replace them, but didn’t want to shell out a bunch of money for designer sunglasses. I am obsessed with these Docker’s aviators! I used to buy these same ones at Kohl’s, but they don’t have them anymore. So glad I could find them online. I bought 5 pairs for $55, including free shipping. I have them stashed everywhere. Much better compared to over $100 for Ray Bans.
2. How cute is this video of Max I posted on Instagram? He is the master of balancing. When he sits on the bed he can just barely see out the window. So when he needs a really good look at something he stands up on his back legs. I’ve seen him stay like this for 5 minutes. So funny. And I’m kind of jealous of his perfect posture!
3. Shawn and I share a closet that has about as much hanging space as a linen closet. It’s very…cramped. I just swapped out all my winter clothes for summer clothes. I’ve been having lots of, “Oh ya, I forgot about that shirt!” every morning. I’m pretending like I’m rich and got a whole new wardrobe, even though it’s my same clothes from last year.
4. On a scale of 1-10, the satisfaction I get from “unsubscribing” to a spam email is an 11. I am the queen of it! I like my inbox neat, tidy and spam free.
5. So, I might be losing my mind.
Earlier in the week I went to the store for the ingredients for my lemon pepper chicken caesar salad. As I’m opening the can of anchovies to make the dressing, I noticed that the fish filets looked HUGE! I even said to Shawn, “Wow, I musta got some jumbo anchovies.” Then it clicked, I looked at the can and noticed it said sardines. Ugh! I bought sardines instead of anchovies. Idiot!
I run back out to the store to buy anchovies. I’m listening to my podcast and daydreaming while at the store, grab something for lunch the next day while I’m there, and race home. I open the can of what I just bought.
Then I say a bad word.
And realize I’m officially losing my mind.
I bought sardines. Again!
Why do they have to be on the same shelf right next to each other?! It’s too confusing! (It’s the grocery stores fault, not mine, right?)
If you look closely at the pictures of the dressing in that post, you may notice that there are no anchovies in that caesar dressing. Because I just refused to go to the store again. Because I knew I would screw it up again and I didn’t want to end up with a 3rd can of open sardines. 2 was enough thankyouverymuch.
And to add salt to the wound, as I typed this story out, I wrote sardines instead of anchovies in the 3rd and 4th sentence, and didn’t realize it until I proofread it. 100% true story. I fail at buying and describing all canned fish filets. Thank goodness it’s Friday.
18 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
Haha! That sounds like some Friday! We’ve had a few of those at our place. lol!
BTW: I just love your new sunglasses! I have glasses (I don’t wear them for my nice photos, as you can see on my blog!) but I have been dying to get some fit-overs! You may have given me the last push to go get them!
Have a lovely week, Natalie!
The sunglasses look great on you! You crack me up girl, totally can relate to your sardines story. I do that all the time and keep having to go back to the store. Aaw, the video of Max is adorable! Hope you had a great weekend :)
Those sunglasses are fab!! This past summer I bought my first pricey pair of polarized sunglasses and have been paranoid that something will happen to them. Those aviators are awesome – can’t believe they’re so cheap! And I totally lol’ed at the anchovies. Years ago I had an experience like that with parsley. My first try I brought home cilantro, and my second try I brought home broccoli rabe. That produce section got me good!
1. I always do that with my clothes at the changing of the seasons, Nathalie. It’s pretty cool to feel like you have a whole new wardrobe twice a year!
2. Love your ‘Duh!’ moment with the sardines. I do things like this all the time.
You look cute in those sunglasses! And your dog is so cute! Have a great weekend!
The sunglasses look great on you! Your dog is darling – what great posture! What a bummer about the sardines – at least you didn’t add them to the dressing before you realized what they were!
Happy Friday!! Your doggie sitting up on the bed, just to look to the window is awesome! We have a labrador and that dog could care less about what is outside. We took her out yesterday for a hike and the entire ride she laid down. Never a peep! I don’t think she is normal. Haha
Major huge hooray for switching out clothes!! I love when you forgot you had something and find it.
Too funny about the sardines :D I find as I am getting old stuff like that happens way to often. :D Have a great weekend!
Too funny about the sardines. I’ve done stuff like that myself. You’re not alone.
Great sunglasses, girl! You look fabulous in them! Totally agree about unsubscribing from spam emails, too – ha! It’s a high like no other. ;)
looking chic Nat!!! and love your pup pup, he is all sorts of adorbs! have a great weekend :)
I feel for your sardine story. I frequently (ok, almost every weekend) have to run to the store at least 3 times for something I forgot the first time that was on my shopping list. Luckily, I live within walking distance to a Whole Foods so it’s not too bad. And that video of Max is too cute!
You look so beautiful. :) Have a lovely weekend!
Ok, i’m sorry to admit Natalie, but i’m dying here with the last 5 things!!!! Too funny. My goodness girl, pay attention :D just kidding I don’t pay much attention to things at the store too somedays. I always seem to forget items that are on my grocery list…yeah try to be organized with a list and all and seem to forget something on my list??? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN lol Your dog is too cute by the way!! A+ for posture…he just wants to see what’s going on outside lol Have a wonderful Friday ;)
I love those aviators on you Natalie! I kicked Kurt out of “our” closet and made him convert a linen closet into one for himself. He was also forced to use a closet in the spare bedroom. :) Now I have all the space to myself. I’m such a sweet wife. Hahaha
I think your mind subconsciously wants you to get sardines.
Love finding super cute, super cheap sunglasses! Those aviators look great on you, friend!
I smile every time I watch that video of Max. He is just the cutest!
That sardine (anchovy) story is too funny! It sounds like something I’ve done. Rather than feel defeated, I just laughed. It’s all you can do! I hope you have the very best weekend!
Oh goodness, I can relate to the sardines fiasco! I’ve actually gone to the grocery store for one item — like ketchup — only to walk out with bags and bags of stuff . . . and no ketchup, the one thing I actually needed. Sigh.
And I’m so with you on unsubscribing from emails! In January, one of my resolutions was to get a handle on my online life — especially my out-of-control email. I love a tidy inbox, too, which meant I was spending ridiculous amounts of time deleting messages I didn’t even want in the first place. I went through Gmail and unsubscribed wherever I could, then created filters to block trickier messages and just send ’em all to the trash. Best hour I’ve spent in a long time! I’m so much happier now, seriously. :)
Hi Natalie, had myself a little chuckle reading about the sardines, too funny. Looks like a great deal on the aviator glasses.
That’s too funny about the sardines. I should had you send them over. My hubby just said a few days ago how he’s in the mood for them. Eww. (IMO) :-)
Have I ever told you that you’re beautiful? This picture shows it all. :-)
Have a beautiful Friday friend!