Five Things for Friday
1. It rained yesterday morning! I woke up, and could smell that delicious “fresh rain” smell outside the window. After all this heat here in California, I couldn’t have been more excited. I celebrated by getting myself a pumpkin spice latte. Hello fall!
2. Everyday about 50 wild turkeys walk by our house, and hang out in our front yard and on our hill digging around for bird seed that has fallen from the bird feeders. It is so fun! I love our new feathered neighbors.
3. Along with wild turkeys stopping by, we have a ton of little birds hanging out on our bird feeders. We are going thru so much bird food, I can barely keep up! I bought a huge 50 pound bag of birdseed from Amazon. I think Shawn thought this huge bag was a little excessive. The birds need food too! Hopefully this bag will last us a while.
4. Shawn took me out for a little lunch date earlier in the week. If you want to get sushi, but not spend a ton of money on it, the best time to go is lunch time. We got these bento boxes for less than $15 each! Mmmm, I love sushi.
5. We’re going to Mexico for Christmas! Eeeee! It’s all booked, and I couldn’t be more excited! Feliz Navidad to us : )
It feels really official now, because yesterday I finally did all the paperwork to change my last name on my passport. It is the last place I hadn’t changed my name after getting married, and has seriously been on my to-do list for almost 2 years. Shawn renewed his too. Don’t be too jealous of our amazing passport photos, *wink*. I’m convinced it’s pretty impossible to take a good passport or drivers license picture. Haha!
22 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
Yay for rain – there is something so beautiful about rain on your roof or just the smell of it on the soil/grass. Yay again for Mexico – i’ve never been but it has been on my bucket list for years!
Anisa – The Macadames. xx
www.themacadames. Discover all things food, travel, style, wellbeing, home decor & more through the creative lives of twenty something Aussie women.
Those turkeys are awesome! There are so many! We’ve been buying birdfood by the barrel too because Cheeto loves looking out the window at all the birds around the bird feeder :) Mexico for Christmas sounds amazing and I’m super jealous! I have something awesome to look forward to!