Keto Biscuits and Gravy
Keto Biscuits and Gravy Recipe + Video – a low carb biscuit and creamy sausage + mushroom gravy, just 9 net carbs! Comforting breakfast, brunch or dinner! Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
My mom grew up in Kansas, so growing up biscuits and gravy was a very common breakfast or dinner.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy Dairy Free
Just like the biscuits and gravy I grew up with, these biscuits are smothered in a sausage and mushroom gravy that’s hearty and comforting.
But unlike the biscuits and gravy I grew up with, this recipe is SO healthy! Keto, dairy free, gluten and grain free.
Keto Biscuits and Gravy Without Xanthan Gum
I based this gravy recipe off of my Whole30 + Keto Gravy, combined with my Homemade Sausage Patties. Both have a really clean ingredients list. I prefer to make my own breakfast sausage since many store bought breakfast sausages have sugar and preservatives in it.
This gravy is thickened with tapioca flour, no xanthan gum needed. And it is made creamy using cashew cream to keep this completely dairy free! (Feel free to use heavy cream if you’re ok digesting dairy.)
All the ingredients are Whole30 compliant, but no recreating baked goods on Whole30, so no biscuits during Whole30. But this sausage gravy is compliant! Would be delicious over roasted potatoes!
The biscuits are light and fluffy with the perfect crumb. The gravy is thick and flavorful.
It’s the most satisfying and comforting breakfast, brunch or dinner!
Watch Keto Biscuits + Gravy Recipe Demo (3:23 minutes)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- flaky sea salt for the topping (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour (see notes for substitutes)
- 1–1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cashew cream (see notes for substitutes)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF with the oven rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a bowl, make the dough by combining all ingredients and whisking with a fork until combined.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 3 tablespoon balls. Flatten slightly with your hand to shape like biscuits. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until set and turning golden brown. Cool on the baking sheet.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee and onions, season with a pinch of salt, sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the ground pork, fennel seeds, dried sage, garlic powder and salt. Break up the pork with a spoon and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, and cook another 5 minutes until soft.
- Whisk in the tapioca flour and cook for 30 seconds. Then stir in the chicken stock and cashew cream, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Bring to a simmer. Once it bubbles, the tapioca flour is activated and will thicken.
- Remove from the heat, taste for salt + pepper.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!