Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta Recipe – a 1 skillet low carb pasta dinner that is ready in 15 minutes! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Keto Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Ever since discovering hearts of palm pasta (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off), I never have to feel like I’m missing out on pasta dinners while eating keto!
For dinner, I used what I had in the fridge and freezer and made this perfect keto creamy pesto shrimp pasta in less than 15 minutes!
Best part? You only need 1 skillet! Which means minimal cleanup.
Watch Recipe Video Demo
If you make this keto creamy pesto shrimp pasta, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!Print
- 1/2 pound wild caught shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter (or ghee for dairy free), divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (use original flavor nutpods or coconut milk for dairy free)
- 9-ounce package hearts of palm pasta (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off), drained
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- kosher salt + black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted pinenuts, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, for garnish (leave off if dairy free)
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the ghee, and lay the shrimp in an even layer. Cook until the first side turns pink, 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side 30-60 seconds. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate.
- To the same cast iron skillet, add the last 1 tablespoon ghee. Add the bell pepper and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the garlic, and cook for just 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the pesto and nutpods. Stir for 30 seconds to warm, then add in the hearts of palm pasta, cooked shrimp + spinach. Toss and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through.
- Serve warm, topped with pinenuts and grated parmesan.
- Tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
Pasta: My favorite keto friendly pasta swap out is this hearts of palm pasta (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off). I specifically like this one because it doesn’t have citric acid, so no briney taste. You could also use zucchini noodles, but I find them to release too much water and get soggy for pasta. Hearts of palm pasta releases no water!
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!