Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta Recipe – a 1 skillet low carb pasta dinner that is ready in 15 minutes! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Keto Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Ever since discovering hearts of palm pasta (code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off), I never have to feel like I’m missing out on pasta dinners while eating keto!
For dinner, I used what I had in the fridge and freezer and made this perfect keto creamy pesto shrimp pasta in less than 15 minutes!
Along with the hearts of palm pasta, I also add in bell pepper, onion, garlic, spinach, pesto and some heavy cream.
Best part? You only need 1 skillet! Which means minimal cleanup.
I top the creamy pesto shrimp pasta with pinenuts and some grated parmesan. It is just delicious, and only 8g net carbs!
Watch Recipe Video Demo
If you make this keto creamy pesto shrimp pasta, be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta
- 1/2 pound wild caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter, or ghee for dairy free, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, use original flavor nutpods or coconut milk for dairy free
- 9- ounce package hearts of palm pasta, drained
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- kosher salt + black pepper
- 2 tablespoons roasted pinenuts, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, for garnish (leave off if dairy free)
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the ghee, and lay the shrimp in an even layer. Cook until the first side turns pink, 1-2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side 30-60 seconds. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate.
- To the same cast iron skillet, add the last 1 tablespoon ghee. Add the bell pepper and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the garlic, and cook for just 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the pesto and nutpods. Stir for 30 seconds to warm, then add in the hearts of palm pasta, cooked shrimp + spinach. Toss and cook for 1-2 minutes to warm through.
- Serve warm, topped with pinenuts and grated parmesan.
- Tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
12 Comments on “Keto Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta”
Delicious. Even splurged on the pasta Natalie recommends and the dish was great!! We doubled it!
So glad you were able to splurge on the pasta and doubled the recipe Julie.
My picky husband loved this recipe! Easy and delicious!
I am so glad you enjoyed my pesto shrimp Angie! Even better that your picky husband enjoyed it too! That is always such a win and makes me so happy.
Super easy to come together and seems fancier than the time required to make:) Simple directions, and I used premade pesto which made it even easier. Always appreciate Natalie’s healthy and straight forward recipes. THANK YOU!
I just love your description that it seems like a fancy meal that is easy to make Kelly! Love it! I am so glad you have enjoyed my recipes.
Made this for dinner tonight and my family LOVED IT. My husband is normally a meat and potatoes only kinda guy and he had two platefuls. My 3 and 5 year old also devoured it. Delicious!! I used coconut milk and it worked so well.
I love that your husband and little ones enjoyed it too Rachel! Thanks so much for your feedback, it really means the world to me
I cooked this last night but used regular pasta and it was sooo good! Love trying your recipes! You are my favorite blogger!
Thank you so much Erin! You made my day! I am so glad you have been enjoying my recipes and enjoyed the shrimp pesto pasta. Your feedback means the world to me.
Another winner! Made this tonight for dinner and the whole family said it was great. I ordered the hearts of palm pasta (thanks for the discount Natalie) and found it pretty yummy. It’s not regular pasta but I’ll definitely use it as I would use pasta and know it’s a healthier alternative.
I always love it when the whole family enjoys it Karol. It’s so nice to make everyone a healthy meal that is liked by all. I am so glad you were able to use the discount code.