Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe + Video – 7g net carbs! A low carb, healthy and nourishing roasted cauliflower soup. Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan, plant based, clean eating, real food.
This is the simple, cozy, veggie packed, creamy soup of my dreams. I feel so nourished, satisfied and glowing after eating it without feeling overly full and weighed down. I’m going to be making and enjoying this keto roasted cauliflower soup all winter long!
I especially love how easy this soup is to make, with such deep flavors! This soup is just 5 ingredients, giving you the purest, most wonderful cauliflower soup that really lets the vegetable shine.
Table of Contents
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
The key to this soup is ROASTING the cauliflower, onion and garlic on a sheet pan until it’s caramelized and golden brown. Roasted veggies have infinitely more flavor than steamed veggies.
Just 10 minutes of prep, then the oven and blender does the rest of the work for you.
For maximum flavor, I love adding my homemade bone broth to this soup. But store bought works as well! Need it to be vegan? Just use veggie stock!
For creaminess, I love adding in some heavy cream. Need it to be dairy free, Whole30 and/or vegan? Use cashew cream, coconut milk or cream in a can or original flavor Nutpods. Silk Dairy Free Heavy Cream is also a great dairy free and vegan heavy cream substitute!
The resulting soup is velvety smooth with tons of flavor. I love topping the soup with finely chopped chives and freshly cracked pepper.
Watch Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe Demo Video
If you make this Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, florets chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper
- 4 cups may need 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, see Notes for dairy free/Whole30/vegan substitutions
- finely chopped chives, or other favorite herb like parsley, green onions, dill, etc + more black pepper for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy cleanup).
- Spread the cauliflower florets, chopped onion and cloves of garlic in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with kosher salt + black pepper.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until the cauliflower + onion is golden brown and caramelized.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to your high speed blender, along with 2 cups of bone broth. Blend over medium high speed until smooth, about 60-90 seconds.
- Pour the pureed cauliflower into your soup pot, over medium heat. Add in the heavy cream, then thin to your desired consistency with bone broth. I usually use 4 cups in total (including the 2 cups I already had in the blender). Allow warm through.
- Serve warm, topped with chives (or other favorite fresh herbs) and black pepper.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- See Notes below for more tips, FAQs and substitution options!
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!