Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe + Video – 7g net carbs! A low carb, healthy and nourishing roasted cauliflower soup. Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan, plant based, clean eating, real food.
This is the simple, cozy, veggie packed, creamy soup of my dreams. I feel so nourished, satisfied and glowing after eating it without feeling overly full and weighed down. I’m going to be making and enjoying this keto roasted cauliflower soup all winter long!
I especially love how easy this soup is to make, with such deep flavors! This soup is just 5 ingredients, giving you the purest, most wonderful cauliflower soup that really lets the vegetable shine.
Table of Contents
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
The key to this soup is ROASTING the cauliflower, onion and garlic on a sheet pan until it’s caramelized and golden brown. Roasted veggies have infinitely more flavor than steamed veggies.
Just 10 minutes of prep, then the oven and blender does the rest of the work for you.
For maximum flavor, I love adding my homemade bone broth to this soup. But store bought works as well! Need it to be vegan? Just use veggie stock!
For creaminess, I love adding in some heavy cream. Need it to be dairy free, Whole30 and/or vegan? Use cashew cream, coconut milk or cream in a can or original flavor Nutpods. Silk Dairy Free Heavy Cream is also a great dairy free and vegan heavy cream substitute!
The resulting soup is velvety smooth with tons of flavor. I love topping the soup with finely chopped chives and freshly cracked pepper.
Watch Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe Demo Video
If you make this Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, florets chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt + pepper
- 4 cups may need 5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, see Notes for dairy free/Whole30/vegan substitutions
- finely chopped chives, or other favorite herb like parsley, green onions, dill, etc + more black pepper for garnish, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (for easy cleanup).
- Spread the cauliflower florets, chopped onion and cloves of garlic in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with kosher salt + black pepper.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, until the cauliflower + onion is golden brown and caramelized.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to your high speed blender, along with 2 cups of bone broth. Blend over medium high speed until smooth, about 60-90 seconds.
- Pour the pureed cauliflower into your soup pot, over medium heat. Add in the heavy cream, then thin to your desired consistency with bone broth. I usually use 4 cups in total (including the 2 cups I already had in the blender). Allow warm through.
- Serve warm, topped with chives (or other favorite fresh herbs) and black pepper.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- See Notes below for more tips, FAQs and substitution options!
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
15 Comments on “Keto Roasted Cauliflower Soup”
I haven’t tried it yet but it sounds perfect! I’m having trouble pinning your recipes lately, just wondering if anyone else has mentioned it? I love your IG, blog, and meal plans!!
I love this recipe. I have been making it non stop for the past couple weeks. I’m making it my own by adding bacon or sausages or adding to clam chowder to make that a bit healthier, but I also just love it as is!
I love the different ways you have made it your own Laura. They all sound so tasty! I also love that it is such a healthy soup.
This was so good and so easy. With my husband being gone, the evenings are so difficult and I love that I can roast everything and then blend it up. My picky toddler loved it too (which is amazing!) I wish every dinner were this easy! Thank you Natalie 💕
I love to hear that it was easy to make and tasted good Angela! That is how all recipes should be right? I love that your toddler enjoyed it too! It’s such a healthy meal and I am so glad you enjoyed it.
I’m having this for lunch right now! It is delicious, I think I will have seconds.
I would like to try freezing it as a soup starter, maybe after roasting and pureeing with 2 coups broth. Then defrost, add the cream and extra broth. Just an idea to take up less space in our tiny freezer! Also, there are often heads of cauliflower on the clearance rack- could roast 3 or 4 at a time! I used convection roast setting at 375 and it took less time. Back to eating my delicious lunch!
t does make a fantastic lunch Squeaky. I have used it as a base for other soups and it works very well. It also freezes beautifully. So happy you enjoyed it.
I made this and it was yummy…I added 1T of fresh lemon juice and just a sprinkle of nutmeg. Adding these flavors put this recipe over the top. The freshness of the lemon and the hint of warmth from the nutmeg were delish!!
I am so happy you liked my soup Michelle! Adding nutmeg and lemon is a genius idea! Sounds so delicious.
Yum! So much garlic and onion flavor. Delicious!
Roasting the veggies is such a game changer Elisabetta. It really makes all the flavors pop!
I loved this soup, it is delicious easy to make and as a bonus really good for us. Many Thanks you.
I love to hear that it was delicious and easy to make Dustin. It is such a nutritious soup! :) Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Perfect for the cold weather!
It sure is Susan! I hope you like it!