Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe + Video – 6 net carbs! A low carb crispy, cheesy skillet chicken parmesan that only needs 1 skillet and is ready in 30 minutes! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Introducing the absolutely flawless keto skillet chicken parmesan. This dinner will satisfy all of your Italian cravings at just a fraction of the carbs and a ton more veggies!
Just 6 net carbs and ready in 30 minutes! It really doesn’t get any better!
Table of Contents
Keto Chicken with Pork Rind Panko
The pork rind panko is the BEST keto friendly bread coating. It’s zero carbs, and really brings the crunch. Adding in grated parmesan cheese adds tons of flavor, and helps the chicken get even more flavorful and golden brown.
Keto Friendly Spaghetti
After the chicken is crispy and golden brown, I transfer it to a plate and add in my new favorite keto friendly spaghetti swap out. Hearts of palm pasta! Have you tried it yet? I love this hearts of palm pasta by Natural Heaven (use code TASTESLOVELY for 10% off!). After adding the pasta to your sauce, it tastes just like pasta! Has an al dente bite and a very neutral flavor.
I love how convenient it is. The Natural Heaven hearts of palm pasta doesn’t even need to be rinsed. Plus, it’s precooked! Just add straight to your sauce and warm through in the skillet. Nestle the chicken back in, top with more marinara sauce and cheese then broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
I garnished mine with fresh basil from my garden. Adds tons of brightness and freshness!
Watch Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe Demo
Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 2 8-ounce chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup pork panko
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.25 cups jarred marinara sauce, divided
- 2 9-ounce packages hearts of palm pasta (use code TASTESLOVELY for 10% off!) or zucchini noodles
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Finely chopped basil for garnish, optional
- Prep: Heat your cast iron skillet on your stove over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper.
- Dredge: set up your dredging station. In a bowl, add the beaten egg. On a plate, combine the pork panko and grated parmesan, stirring to combine. Dip each breast in the egg wash, then coat on both sides in the pork panko and parmesan mixture, pressing lightly to help it adhere.
- Pan Fry: After your skillet has been heating up for 5 minutes, add in the avocado oil. Add in the coated chicken breasts, and pan fry for about 3-5 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Turn your oven on to BROIL.
- Assemble: In the same skillet, pour out all but 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil (all the browned bits can stay in!). Turn the heat off. Add 1 cup of the marinara sauce and hearts of palm pasta. Stir to coat the noodles. The residual heat in the skillet will warm the noodles and pasta. Add the chicken back into the skillet and nestle it into the pasta. Top the chicken breasts with the remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Then, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake: Add the skillet to your oven and BROIL until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1-3 minutes minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm, topped with finely chopped basil.
- Leftovers: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months. (It doesn't reheat as crispy, this dish is ideal eaten right away. Wouldn't highly recommend as a meal prep or freezer meal)
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!