Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan
Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe + Video – 6 net carbs! A low carb crispy, cheesy skillet chicken parmesan that only needs 1 skillet and is ready in 30 minutes! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Introducing the absolutely flawless keto skillet chicken parmesan. This dinner will satisfy all of your Italian cravings at just a fraction of the carbs and a ton more veggies!
Just 6 net carbs and ready in 30 minutes! It really doesn’t get any better!
Table of Contents
Keto Chicken with Pork Rind Panko
The keto chicken parmesan coating is a combination of pork rind panko and grated parmesan cheese.
The pork rind panko is the BEST keto friendly bread coating. It’s zero carbs, and really brings the crunch. Adding in grated parmesan cheese adds tons of flavor, and helps the chicken get even more flavorful and golden brown.
Keto Friendly Spaghetti
After the chicken is crispy and golden brown, I transfer it to a plate and add in my new favorite keto friendly spaghetti swap out. Hearts of palm pasta! Have you tried it yet? I love this hearts of palm pasta by Natural Heaven (use code TASTESLOVELY for 10% off!). After adding the pasta to your sauce, it tastes just like pasta! Has an al dente bite and a very neutral flavor.
I love how convenient it is. The Natural Heaven hearts of palm pasta doesn’t even need to be rinsed. Plus, it’s precooked! Just add straight to your sauce and warm through in the skillet. Nestle the chicken back in, top with more marinara sauce and cheese then broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
I garnished mine with fresh basil from my garden. Adds tons of brightness and freshness!
Watch Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan Recipe Demo
Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan
- 2 8-ounce chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup pork panko
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.25 cups jarred marinara sauce, divided
- 2 9-ounce packages hearts of palm pasta (use code TASTESLOVELY for 10% off!) or zucchini noodles
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Finely chopped basil for garnish, optional
- Prep: Heat your cast iron skillet on your stove over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper.
- Dredge: set up your dredging station. In a bowl, add the beaten egg. On a plate, combine the pork panko and grated parmesan, stirring to combine. Dip each breast in the egg wash, then coat on both sides in the pork panko and parmesan mixture, pressing lightly to help it adhere.
- Pan Fry: After your skillet has been heating up for 5 minutes, add in the avocado oil. Add in the coated chicken breasts, and pan fry for about 3-5 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Turn your oven on to BROIL.
- Assemble: In the same skillet, pour out all but 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil (all the browned bits can stay in!). Turn the heat off. Add 1 cup of the marinara sauce and hearts of palm pasta. Stir to coat the noodles. The residual heat in the skillet will warm the noodles and pasta. Add the chicken back into the skillet and nestle it into the pasta. Top the chicken breasts with the remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Then, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake: Add the skillet to your oven and BROIL until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1-3 minutes minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm, topped with finely chopped basil.
- Leftovers: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months. (It doesn't reheat as crispy, this dish is ideal eaten right away. Wouldn't highly recommend as a meal prep or freezer meal)
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
17 Comments on “Keto Skillet Chicken Parmesan”
My family of 7 loves this meal! I somehow squeeze a double batch into the same size skillet you have (it gets tricky- haha) and we rarely have leftovers. That’s how much we love it. I make some substitutes since the kids don’t eat keto but it’s so nice to have the option to put my portion over zoodles while the rest of the family eats it over pasta. Such a delicious and easy meal!
Wow! Amazing that you can get a double batch fit! I love it! So glad you can cater this meal to you and your family- Win win!
it’s really nice and meanful. it’s a really cool blog. Linking is a very useful thing. you have really helped lots of people who visit the blog and provide them useful information.
Loved the pork rind panko as the breading for the chicken! This was such an easy and delicious dinner. I had this cooked and on the table in about 20 minutes!
Thank you so much, Chelsea! I am so glad you liked it!
Made this tonight for our first keto family dinner. Honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to my old fried cutlets- this meal was spot on!! I followed the ingredients, measurements and even used the hearts of palm pasta. It was well received by all!
I am so glad you made my chicken parmesan for your first Keto family meal Susan! That is fantastic. Even better that everyone enjoyed them!
This is absolutely the best chicken Parmesan recipe I’ve ever made. I didn’t have chicken breasts so I used boneless skinless thighs. Otherwise I followed the recipe as written and it was so good. Will definitely make this again and again and again!
I love to hear that it is the best one you have ever made Erica. That is quite a compliment and it really means a lot to me! I am so glad you will be making it again.
Love this recipe! As always thank you for sharing such wonderful healthy goodness!
You are so welcome for the recipes I post, it is truly my passion and I am so grateful you appreciate them Stephanie!
I’ve made this four times in the last four weeks—it has become a weekly staple in our keto lifestyle. It’s an easy weeknight meal that is all made in one pan, which is amazing. The chicken crisps perfectly with the pork panko. And the palm noodles are also a new favorite thanks to this recipe! Much sturdier than zoodles. Really mimics spaghetti noodles. Thanks for this recipe.
I am so glad you enjoyed it Casey. This is also a staple in my house. I am so glad you are enjoying the palm noodles. I really think they are life changing! :)
Yet again another killer recipe! Super easy and delicious. I will tell you that I used regular and zucchini noodles together.
This was a last minute decision to make this and the grocery store did not have the noodles as mentioned above, so I just cooked the noodles according to the package and fried up the zucchini noodles so they were slightly cooked and put them off to the side till I was ready for them.
Natalie makes healthy eating super easy and I really appreciate it! Even my 3 year old couldn’t get enough of this one!
Make sure to use the broiler to melt the cheese – seriously the best part!!
I love that you combined regular and zucchini noodles together Liz. That is a genius idea! So glad that your 3 year old could not get enough. That is such a mom win! You’re right, the melted cheese is the best part!
love this recipe Naetalie, will try tonight but wanted to know where to buy the Heart of Palm pasta ?
FYI your cauliflower/egg whites are the bomb !!!! seriously use them for many other dishes and I don’t feel deprived at all,
So glad you loved the chicken parmesan recipe Rhonda. Here is where you buy the hearts of palm pasta:
use TASTESLOVELY promo code for 10% off.
So happy you are enjoying the cauliflower/egg whites. Isn’t it wonderful to not feel deprived?