Keto Summer Pasta with Pesto
Keto Summer Pasta with Pesto Recipe – A low carb, plant based pasta packed with summer vegetables and my dairy free pesto. Ready in 15 minutes! Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Keto Summer Pasta with Pesto
I know a lot of you are plant based, so here’s delicious plant based keto recipe for you! If you’re not plant based, you can totally add your favorite protein. We all know summertime is busy and the last thing on your mind is standing over a hot stove. Well guess what? This yummy lunch (or dinner!) is ready in just 15 min. Ok wait, the best part? All of this is made in *one* skillet. Let’s hear it for minimal cleanup!
Keto Summer Pasta Ingredients
I used all of my amazing produce from the farmer’s market, but the great thing about a dish like this is that you can use just about anything you have on hand! My favorite thing to do is to go through my fridge and see what’s going to spoil soon, and use those ingredients first! That way, I get all the yummy veggies, and there’s no food waste! Win-win.
If you make this keto summer pasta with pesto be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!Print
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 a yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1.5 cups hearts of palm pasta (my favorite is Natural Heaven spaghetti, code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off)
- 1/4 cup keto dairy free pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- kosher salt to taste
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pour your package of hearts of palm pasta into a fine mesh strainer and rinse with water. Set aside.
- When your skillet is warm, add the ghee, onion, bell pepper and zucchini. Season with kosher salt. Saute, stirring occasionally until crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the hearts of palm pasta and stir in to the veggies to warm. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped spinach, and use tongs to toss into the pasta until *just* wilted. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Transfer to a plate and top with pesto and pine nuts. Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
Veggies: Have fun using whatever veggies you have on hand. You can use any color onion (0r even scallions), any color bell pepper, summer squash would work. Any other veggies would work too, like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, chard, mushrooms, etc.
Cooking Fat: I love using ghee. You can also use avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or if you’re ok with dairy grass fed butter.
Pesto: To keep this dairy free and plant based, I love using my dairy free keto pesto. If you’re ok with dairy, any pesto would work.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!