Whole30 + Keto Tuna Avocado Boats
Whole30 + Keto Tuna Avocado Boats Recipe – tuna salad with no mayonnaise, just tuna, avocado, and some fresh veggies. Tastes delicious, and is such a healthy lunch! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, grain free, low carb, sugar free, clean eating.
On the days that I don’t have a lunch meal prepped and need something healthy and fast, these whole30 + keto tuna avocado boats save the day!
They’re ready in 5 minutes!
Whole30 + Keto Tuna Salad No Mayo
If you happen to be a person who does not love mayonnaise, this is the tuna salad for you.
Ingredients in Mayo Free Tuna Salad
Along with using mashed avocado rather than mayo, I like to add in a few other vegetables for flavor and crunch.
Celery for crunch, tomatoes for sweetness, parsley for flavor, lemon juice for brightness + acid, and pepper for flavor. The tuna is already salty enough, so no need to add salt.
Serving Whole30 + Keto Tuna Avocado Boats
To make it look extra fancy, you can serve the tuna avocado salad right back in the avocado skin. Makes the perfect little bowl. Or, you can just eat the tuna salad straight from the prep bowl with some raw veggies dipped in to it. Like cucumber, bell pepper or celery slices. Also delicious scooped on top of mixed baby greens.
Sadly, this tuna salad does not keep well. The avocado turns brown. So I recommend prepping it and eating it fresh.
Watch Tuna Avocado Boats Recipe Demo (2:32 mins)
- 3 ounces wild caught tuna
- Half a large avocado, chopped, reserve the skin
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients in and mix them together with a fork. Really smash the avocado to break it up.
- Scoop the tuna salad back into the avocado skin. Or enjoy the tuna salad in a bowl with raw veggies, or on top of mixed greens.
- Best if made and eaten right after. This tuna salad does not keep well since the avocado turns brown once exposed to air.
I like using tuna in pouches rather than tuna in cans. No worry about BPA, and no need to drain the liquid!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!