Paleo + Whole30 Broccoli Salad
Paleo + Whole30 Broccoli Salad with Orange Almond Dressing – a healthy and delicious broccoli salad recipe to serve as a main course or side dish. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, keto, vegan, vegetarian, clean eating, real food.
Summer is just around the corner. Which means tons of barbecues and get togethers with friends. I have the perfect better-for-you, make ahead, healthy broccoli salad to bring to your next outdoor cookout. This paleo + Whole30 Broccoli Salad with an orange almond dressing, made with MaraNatha Creamy No Stir Almond Butter that I got at Walmart. Everyone goes wild for it!
It is so much healthier than the traditional broccoli salad that is packed with cheese and bacon and a heavy, creamy dressing. Not exactly my idea of a salad.
MaraNatha’s Creamy No Stir Almond Butter is the perfect way to enjoy the great taste and natural goodness of almonds—no need to stir! MaraNatha selects only the finest heart-healthy California almonds, roasts them to perfection and double-grinds them to velvety smoothness to create an irresistible almond butter. Their process creates a delicious, creamy nut butter with a rich, spreadable texture you can enjoy right from the jar.
The dressing comes together in a snap in the food processor. It is so dang delicious, you’re going to want to put it on everything. Bright and creamy and citrusy and almondy, with a little more umami flavor thanks to the coconut aminos and brightness from the shallot.
The rest of the salad takes just minutes to put together since all the ingredients are raw. It’s just chopping! The secret is to chop the broccoli florets into bite size pieces. You don’t want to leave them in huge florets. Then just add in finely chopped purple cabbage, sliced green onions, raisins and almonds, toss it with the dressing, and it’s ready to go!
You can serve the paleo + whole30 broccoli salad right away, but if I have the time I like to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors marinate. It just keeps getting better with time! You can serve it cold or room temperature, so it’s perfect to bring to a potluck or barbecue since it’s still delicious as it sits out.
And it is so healthy, everyone will be able to enjoy it! Paleo, whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, keto, vegan, vegetarian, clean eating, real food.
Paleo + Whole30 Broccoli Salad
- 2 heads of broccoli florets, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup roasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
Orange Almond Dressing
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup MaraNatha Creamy No Sugar Or Salt Added Almond Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Kitchen Equipment Needed:
- Food processor with the s-blade attachment
- In your food processor with the s-blade attachment, make the dressing by combining the orange juice, almond butter, coconut aminos, shallot and salt. Blend about 1 minute until smooth.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, make the salad by combining the broccoli, red cabbage, almonds, green onions and raisins. Top with desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve cold or room temperature. Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.
More Paleo + Whole30 Salad Recipes:
This post is sponsored by MaraNatha, thanks for supporting the brands that support me!