Paleo + Whole30 Sheet Pan Sausage, Bell Pepper & Potato Roast
Paleo + Whole30 Sheet Pan Sausage, Bell Pepper & Potato Roast – a super quick and healthy breakfast or dinner recipe! Just 10 minutes of prep, and the oven does the rest of the work for you. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, clean eating, real food.
For the first time in many, many years, it is back to school time for us. My sweet little Josh has started preschool! He’s going just 2 days a week for 2.5 hours, and he’s home by lunch time. But still! We’re having to get back in the swing of things and on a schedule after all our summer fun.
Part of that is having quick and easy dinners I can throw together on busy days that are healthy and the whole family loves. Which is why I’m loving this paleo + whole30 sheet pan sausage, bell pepper & potato roast. It takes me just 10 minutes of prep, and the oven does the rest of the work for me!
We love organic chicken sausages. Costco sells organic chicken apple sausages that I always have in my freezer for those “what the heck do I make for dinner” nights. We have this paleo + whole30 sheet pan sausage, bell pepper & potato roast once a week, on a super busy day where the last thing I want to be doing is slaving away in the kitchen.
This paleo + whole30 sheet pan sausage, bell pepper & potato roast couldn’t be easier to make, and my husband and boys love it!
On a sheet pan, I add chopped baby potatoes that are drizzled in olive oil, salt and pepper. I use a mix of yukon gold and red, but any baby potatoes will work. Or even big potatoes cut to 1″ cubes.
On the other half of the sheet pan I add sliced bell pepper and red onions that are drizzled in olive oil, salt and pepper. I put the sausages on top of the bell pepper and onion so the juices from the sausages cook in to the bell pepper and onion and keep them soft and flavorful.
I line the sheet pan with parchment paper, so clean up is a breeze. Hurray for not having to clean any pots and pans!
The potatoes get crisp and golden brown on one side of the sheet pan, the bell pepper and onion get soft and juicy on the other side, and the sausages get cooked and brown.
I flip the sausages half way through roasting so they get cooked evenly, but you don’t need to toss the potatoes or bell peppers. It’s so so so easy!
I love serving this paleo + whole30 sheet pan sausage, bell pepper & potato roast with some grainy mustard and my homemade paleo + whole30 ketchup to dip the sausages and potatoes in.
This recipe is enough to feed my husband, myself and my 2.5 year old. My son eats about 3/4 of a sausage, my husband eats 2 sausages, and I eat 1 and the 1/4 of the sausage my son didn’t eat. If you’re feeding more people, definitely double the recipe and make it on 2 sheet pans.
Not only is this delicious for dinner, but I’ve made this for breakfast too! Great for when I’m feeding a crowd. I’ll serve it with some scrambled eggs and avocado and it’s such a filling and delicious healthy breakfast.
You’re going to love how easy this paleo + whole30 sheet pan sausage, bell pepper & potato roast is to make, how delicious it is, and how healthy it is! Paleo, whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, clean eating, real food.
This recipe is perfect for meal prep as a breakfast, lunch or dinner. See recipe notes for meal prep instructions.
Sheet Pan Sausage, Bell Pepper & Potato Roast (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 pound potatoes, I use a mix of gold and red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt + 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 of your favorite sausages, I love using Aidell's chicken apple sausage or Italian sausages
Kitchen Equipment Needed:
- 12" x 17" rimmed baking sheet
- parchment paper or aluminum foil to line the baking sheet for easy cleanup, optional
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF with the oven rack in the middle. Line the rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Arrange the potatoes on one half of the baking sheet, and the bell pepper and onions on the other half. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Place the sausage on top of the bell pepper and onions.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened and the sausages and potatoes are golden brown. Flip the sausages halfway through roasting. No need to flip the vegetables.
- Serve warm. I like serving mine with mustard and my whole30 + paleo ketchup.
More Whole30 + Paleo Dinners:
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!