Whole30 + Keto Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Whole30 + Keto Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps – a quick and healthy dinner recipe with ground chicken, sauteed onions, a thai sauce, cilantro and shredded carrots. Topped with a bright and fresh herby green dressing and cashews. Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I have such a food crush on these whole30 + keto thai chicken lettuce wraps. The flavors are amazing! And it comes together so quickly.
These days, with a 2.5 year old and newborn, I’ll take all the healthy 30 minute dinner recipes I can get my hands on.
So apparently July is becoming my unofficial “I-love-everything-thai-recipes” month. First I shared my whole30 + keto thai almond butter coleslaw, then I shared my whole30 + keto thai chicken satay skewers.
And now, these super flavorful and delicious whole30 + keto thai chicken lettuce wraps.
The thai chicken filling comes together in a snap.
You sauté some onions, ginger, lemongrass and garlic until they’re softened, then add in the ground chicken (you could also sub ground turkey!). Flavor it up with the paleo + whole30 thai sauce (just 4 ingredients!), cook until the sauce is reduced, remove from the heat and add in the carrots, cilantro and serve on butter lettuce.
The filling is delicious warm, and it’s equally delicious cold. So any leftovers make the best lunch the next day cold out of the refrigerator.
You could eat the filling as is, but I especially love it topped with cashews and my whole30 + keto herby green dressing. The mint in that dressing adds the perfect amount of brightness to these whole30 + keto thai chicken lettuce wraps.
So tasty, and so healthy! These lettuce wraps are paleo, whole30, keto, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, soy free, clean eating, real food. A dinner the whole family is going to love!Print
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 12” long piece of fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Butter lettuce (or boston, bibb, romaine or iceberg lettuce)
- Roasted cashews
- Herby Green Dressing
Making the Thai Sauce:
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame seed oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Making the Filling:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the onions, ginger, lemon grass, garlic, salt + pepper until softened and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Thai Sauce to the chicken mixture, turn the heat up to high, and cook until the sauce is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes (mixture will be very hot). Add the shredded carrots and chopped cilantro, stir to combine.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!