Sunny Side Up Egg Hack
Sunny Side Up Egg Hack + Video – How to cook perfect sunny side up eggs with set egg whites and runny egg yolks every time! Whole30, keto, paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Every day I share what I’m eating on my Instagram Stories. Lately I’ve been on a big sunny side up egg kick, with sauteed spinach, bacon (extra crispy just how I like it!) and sliced avocado. The perfect whole30 + keto breakfast.
I keep getting asked how I get such perfect eggs. There is a hack, and it is going to blow your mind!
Table of Contents
How to Cook Sunny Side Up Eggs
Rather than cracking the eggs straight into the pan, you are instead going to crack them into a bowl. Then, use your hands to life out the egg yolks to a separate bowl.
You’ll cook the egg whites for a good 30-45 seconds, THEN pour in the egg yolks. They sit right on top, stay super runny, and don’t have that super tight egg white on top of them. Perfect every time!
Cooked Egg Whites in Sunny Side Up Eggs
If you’re like me, you get really grossed out by undercooked egg whites. This hack guarantees you won’t have runny egg whites!
This is especially a problem if you’re using very fresh eggs, where the egg whites are very tight. We have backyard chickens, so my eggs are never older than a few days.
Watch The Sunny Side Up Egg Hack (2:32 mins)
Sunny Side Up Egg Hack
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ghee, or coconut oil, or bacon drippings
- salt + pepper
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- While the pan is heating up, crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Use your fingers to separate the egg yolks, and transfer the yolks to a different small bowl.
- When the pan is warm, add in the ghee and coat the pan. Pour in the egg whites, and turn the pan to spread them around. Let them cook for about 30-45 seconds.
- When the egg whites are half way done cooking, gently pour on the egg yolks. Season with salt + pepper. Cook another 30-45 seconds, until the egg whites are set.
- Use a spatula to gently transfer the eggs to a plate. I love serving mine with sauteed spinach, bacon + sliced avocado!
- Enjoy warm.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!