Whole30 + Keto Caprese Pesto Salmon
Whole30 + Keto Caprese Pesto Salmon Recipe + Video – crispy skin salmon topped with pesto + caprese marinated tomatoes. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
My garden is full of summer tomatoes, and I couldn’t be happier.
One of my favorite ways to use them is on this whole30 + keto caprese pesto salmon. It is ready in under 30 minutes!
The salmon is topped with my oh-so-popular whole30 + keto pesto. It doesn’t have any dairy in it, but you would never guess.
The real star of the dish is the caprese marinated tomatoes. A simple combination of tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, pepper + olive oil.
Now that I have mastered crispy skin salmon, I love cooking it with the skin on. The skin has so many nutrients, and if it’s crispy I promise you will love it!
Plus, the skin has a ton of fat so perfect for keto macros.
While the salmon is cooking I roasted off some cauliflower, and the whole dinner is ready in 30 minutes!
Both my husband and my kids (3 and 1) love this meal.
When I serve it to my 3 year old, I put the pesto on the side so they can dip it. As long as my kids have a dip, they will eat the fish!
Watch How To Make Whole30 + Keto Caprese Pesto Salmon
Whole30 + Keto Caprese Pesto Salmon
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets (I get my salmon from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend!)
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons whole30 + keto pesto, <- link to the recipe
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, make the marinated caprese tomatoes by combining the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, pepper + olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Pat the salmon filets dry, and season with salt + pepper.
- When the skillet is warm, add the avocado oil and sear the salmon skin side DOWN for 5 minutes. Do not move the salmon around so the skin gets crispy.
- Flip the salmon, and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes until the salmon has an internal temperature of 120ºF. Remove the salmon and rest it for 2 minutes skin side UP so the skin stays crispy.
- To serve, top each salmon with 1 tablespoon pesto, and 1/4 cup of the marinated caprese tomatoes.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
6 Comments on “Whole30 + Keto Caprese Pesto Salmon”
Fabulous salmon recipe!! Will definitely be making this again. This is the first recipe of yours I’ve prepared. I have six more recipes picked out for the rest of the week. Mediterranean Salsa Chicken tonight and Curry Meatballs tomorrow. Can’t wait for dinner time. Thank you.
Thank you so much for selecting some of my recipes for your dinners this week, I really appreciate it Mary. I am so glad you liked the salmon. The meatballs and salsa chicken are 2 of my favorites! I sure hope you like them! Sounds like you are going to have some yummy dinners this week.
Okay – WHAT. This recipe is out of this world! Rave reviews from everyone at our dinner table tonight – even the toddler! This recipe is going in the rotation for SURE!
I love that you toddler even enjoyed it Lisa. That is such a mom win! I am so glad it will be part of your regular recipe rotation.
I loved this recipe so much! I messed up and had forgot to get fresh basil when grocery shopping so I used dried basil and it worked. I would have preferred to us fresh basil but dried basil got the job done! I also usually cook my salmon in the oven and this way is easy so it’s my new go to way for cooking salmon as well!
I am so glad that dried basil worked!