Creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta with sage and chicken – a delicious and FAST 10 minute dinner full of fall flavors.
Hello October. It’s very good to see you.
September was absolutely nuts. You know who gets married in September here in California? Ev-er-y-bo-dy. Shawn and I have filmed a wedding every weekend of September, and have another one this weekend. That’s 5. In a row.
Did I mention we both still work full time?
And I’m almost 7 months pregnant?
5 in a row seemed much more doable when I booked all these weddings in the spring.
Luckily we really like filming weddings. And we love working together. After filming so many in a row, we are become extremely efficient. We barely have to talk. Shawn can just look my way across the ceremony site, and I know exactly what he needs. We’ve developed our own ESP.
By Sunday, we are wiped out. I could lay in bed all day long. But I somehow find the energy to get up and do our laundry and clean our house. Then promptly settle in on the couch.
When dinner time rolls around, I’m looking for the easiest dinners around. Enter this 10 minute (yes, 10 minutes!) creamy pumpkin alfredo pasta with sage.
It’s fall now, which means I must put pumpkin in ALL the things. Pumpkin is not just for baking, it’s great for savory dishes too. I’m currently obsessed with combining pumpkin puree, half & half, butter, garlic and parmesan to make the tastiest homemade pumpkin alfredo sauce.
To make this recipe even easier, I used Barilla Pronto pasta. You don’t have to wait for the water to boil, and when it’s done cooking you don’t even have to drain the water. Pasta ready from start to finish in 10 minutes. It’s like magic. And for some added protein, I used Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast strips, which are 98% fat free, have no preservatives and reheat in the microwave in just 2 minutes. I got both of these at Walmart.
These products are the perfect combo for an easy family meal. Which means less time standing in the kitchen, and more time sitting on the couch.
- 12 oz box Barilla Pronto Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 cups half & half
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 sage leaves, chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips
- In a large skillet, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, melt the butter then cook the garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the pumpkin and half & half. Whisk to combine. Add in the grated parmesan, chopped sage leaves, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste to see if you want to add more salt and pepper. Continue to cook the sauce over low heat until the pasta is done cooking.
- Heat the chicken breast strips in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- When the pasta is done cooking, combine the pasta, sauce and chicken. Toss to combine. Serve warm, topped with fresh sage leaves for garnish.
More Pasta Dinners