Whole30 + Keto Sesame Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry
Whole30 + Keto Sesame Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry Recipe – a quick and delicious dinner or lunch meal prep! Easy homemade stir fry sauce recipe. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
I make a stir fry dinner at least once a week. They’re quick and delicious, and my favorite way to use up leftover vegetables that are still in the fridge at the end of the week.
This whole30 + keto sesame chicken green bean stir fry is my current favorite!
Whole3o + Keto Sesame Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry Ingredients
The stir fry is chicken thighs, onions, mushrooms, green beans and my beloved stir fry sauce.
I top it all with sesame seeds, serve it over cauliflower rice, and dinner is served!
How To Make
I find my stir fry turns out best when I cook each ingredient in batches. This way the chicken and vegetables gets a chance to caramelize, giving it tons of flavor. It takes a little bit longer, but well worth it.
If you were to cook it all at once in the same skillet, the meat and vegetables just steam, and often come out rubbery.
It’s delicious topped with sesame seeds.
The sesame seeds give it a beautiful crunch and texture, and that delicious asian flavor.
This is perfect served with cauliflower rice! If you’re new here, you’ve got to check out my cauliflower rice hack using frozen cauliflower. So easy and best tasting EVER!
This recipe is perfect for meal prep! It will last in the fridge for 5 days, or in the freezer for 6 months.
Meal prep instructions at the bottom of the recipe card.
Whole30 + Keto Sesame Chicken + Green Bean Stir Fry
Stir Fry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon date paste, omit for keto, or honey if not doing Whole30
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated or finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch pieces (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup stir fry sauce, or more if desired
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cauliflower rice for serving
Stir Fry Sauce
- Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the chicken thighs. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the chicken thighs until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, cook the yellow onion, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, cook the mushrooms, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan, cook the green beans, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, onions and mushrooms back to the skillet with the green beans, along with 1 cup of the stir fry sauce. Cook for another 3 minutes to reheat all the vegetables and to allow the sauce to heat thru and thicken, tossing as it cooks so all the vegetables get coated in the stir fry sauce.
- Top with sesame seeds and serve warm with cauliflower rice.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.
For fun, the original photo from May 2014:
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!