Keto Crispy Verde Chicken Tacos
Keto Crispy Verde Chicken Tacos Recipe + Video – 5 ingredients! A low carb salsa verde caramelized chicken taco on jicama wraps. Paleo, Whole30, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
5 Ingredients or Less from Trader Joe’s
Last week I had so much fun sharing my new recipe series with you guys! It seems like everyone loves Trader Joe’s as much as I do and got so excited to have these new recipes featured each week!
As promised, I have my second recipe in the “5 Ingredients or Less from Trader Joe’s” series: Keto Crispy Verde Chicken Tacos!
Keto Crispy Verde Chicken Tacos
I’m still on my summer taco kick and Trader Joe’s has the yummiest Salsa Verde. These tacos are crispy, light, and super filling.
Additionally, they are perfect for lunch or dinner, and you will LOVE how quickly all of these ingredients come together! In just 30 minutes, you’ll have the tastiest low carb meal that the whole family will love!
Trader Joe’s Ingredients Needed
Here are the ingredients I grabbed for this recipe:
- Organic Free Range Chicken Thighs
- Jicama Wraps (in the refrigerated produce section)
- 2 Jars Salsa Verde
- Cilantro (in the fridge section by the lettuces)
Keto Trader Joe’s Recipe
In order to keep them keto, I serve my tacos on jicama wraps. However, you could totally grab a bag of corn tortillas from Trader Joe’s for the kids!
Watch Keto Chicken Tacos Recipe Demo
If you make this keto crispy verde chicken be sure to leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you all and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to share and tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!Print
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 12-ounce jars salsa verde
- 1 package jicama wraps
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt
- To your instant pot, add the chicken thighs and 1 12-ounce jar of the salsa verde.
- Close with the lid, and make sure the vent is at SEALING. Cook on HIGH PRESSURE for 15 minutes. Will take about 10-15 minutes to reach pressure, then it will start counting down from 15. After the 15 minutes is up, do a QUICK RELEASE, where you move the valve to VENTING to release all the steam. Once all the steam is gone and the float valve has dropped, you can safely open the instant pot.
- Set your oven to HI BROIL.
- Transfer the cooked chicken thighs to a rimmed baking sheet. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Pour on 1/2 a cup of the salsa verde cooking liquid from the instant pot (to keep the chicken juicy). Sprinkle on about 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Broil the chicken for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss, and broil for another 3-5 minutes until crispy and caramelized. Taste for salt and season if necessary.
- Assemble the tacos: jicama wrap, sliced avocado (seasoned with kosher salt), crispy verde chicken, salsa verde (from the 2nd jar of salsa verde) and chopped cilantro.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
Chicken: For crispy + caramelized chicken, this will ONLY work with chicken thighs since they have more fat. Chicken breast will not get caramelized since they are leaner. You can still make this with chicken breast, I would just skip the caramelizing step and serve them after shredding when juicy.
Wrap: Jicama wraps are my favorite keto friendly taco “shell”, and are now available already sliced at most grocery stores. You could also use romaine lettuce or butter lettuce, or a keto friendly tortilla.
Salsa: You could do this with any salsa! I really love it with salsa verde. Your chicken will be as spicy as your salsas verde you use. The Trader Joe’s one is very mild in flavor, even my kids eat it just fine.
No Instant Pot: If you don’t have an instant pot (OMG BUY ONE RIGHT NOW IF YOU DON’T I LOVE MINE THEY’RE VERY AFFORDABLE!), you could make this on the stove top. In a pot, add the chicken thighs and 1 jar of salsa verde. Cover, and simmer over medium low for about 45 minutes until the chicken is tender and juicy. Or, add to your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Basically, buy an instant pot, haha!
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above, with 3 jicama wraps, half a small avocado and an additional 2 tablespoons salsa verde per person. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!