The BEST Whole30 + Keto Chicken Salad
The BEST Whole30 + Keto Chicken Salad Recipe + Video – packed with vegetables and herbs. Serve as a wrap on lettuce. Meal prep, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating.
With 100% conviction, I can promise you this is the BEST whole30 + keto chicken salad.
I’m a major chicken salad connoisseur, and this one is my favorite.
Chicken salads make such a great meal prep for lunches, and get better the longer they sit. You can enjoy them in butter lettuce cups (my personal favorite), or on a big plate of greens.
I’ve shared a lot of chicken salad recipes in the past. My keto + whole30 lemon basil chicken salad, whole30 curried chicken salad, whole30 apple + cranberry chicken salad and of course my whole30 apricot chicken salad. But this newest version is my newest favorite.
Most chicken salad recipes use a lot of fruit to add sweetness, which also adds carbs.
To keep this one keto, I left out all fruit, and instead added in tons of crunch and naturally sweet vegetables, herbs, and crunchy pecans. Way fewer carbs, but still absolutely delicious.
The resulting chicken salad is crunchy, savory, and full 0f flavor.
It is going to be your new favorite lunch!
Best of all, this chicken salad makes the perfect meal prep. This recipe makes enough for 6 servings. I’ve had this chicken salad on day 5, and it is not soggy at all. It just keeps getting tastier!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt + 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Pound your chicken to an even thickness. Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF. Rest until cool enough to handle.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, break it into large chunks and pulse in your food processor until finely chopped. Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Then, use your food processor to finely chop the celery and then the bell pepper. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl.
- Add in the scallions, parsley, almonds, mayonnaise and dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Salt + pepper to taste, and add more mayonnaise if desired.
- Serve on butter lettuce, wrapped in collard greens, or scoop on top of baby greens.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!