The Ultimate Trader Joe’s Shopping List for Whole30
An extensive Whole30 shopping list with photos of Whole30 compliant grocery items, pantry staples, meats, produce, & healthy snacks at Trader Joe’s. Updated as of January 2022.
Table of Contents
Whole30 at Trader Joe’s!
Trader Joe’s is my absolute favorite grocery store. It’s so much more than a market-It’s fun! Their hand-drawn pricing tags? The organic lollipops they give my 3 year old as we shop? The super friendly workers who honestly feel like my friends, and we stop and chat and catch up when I shop because I’m there so often.
The thing I love most is that they’re always thinking of new, healthy snacks at Trader Joe’s that are innovative and somehow exactly what I need! Why yes, I would love some teeny avocados, how did you know Trader Joe’s? Frozen coconut chunks? Didn’t even know that was I thing but if you carry it I must need it!
The Ultimate Whole30 Shopping List
Whole30 at Trader Joe’s has never been easier, but if you’re just starting out, it can be super overwhelming to read every single label and know what is compliant and what is not. So, I’ve compiled the ultimate Whole30 shopping list for you, complete with photos of every item to make your shopping experience as easy as possible!
And by ultimate, I mean *ultimate*. I spent almost 4 hours reading the labels of every. single. item. at Trader Joe’s so you won’t have to.
Getting Started with Whole30
Before we start, a little information. If you’re new to Whole30, I have a Whole30 beginners guide to give you an overview of the program, as well as what foods and ingredients are compliant.
Keep in mind, products at Trader Joe’s vary season to season. For example, in the summer you’ll find peaches in stock, in the winter you’ll find spaghetti squash. I did this shopping guide in January 2022 at my Trader Joe’s in Danville, California. I will update this guide frequently to keep it up to date.
Also, this is not sponsored in any way! I just genuinely like Trader Joe’s. More like love Trader Joe’s. And you will too with the wide variety of fresh produce, prepped produce, frozen vegetables, pantry staples, nuts, and healthy snacks at Trader Joe’s.
Trader Joe’s Shopping List for Whole30: Fresh Produce
Any fruit or vegetable! (Except corn, peas & lima beans) Organic is always best. I did take a picture of every single fruit and vegetable, but decided that was overkill to include all of those, ha!
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Fresh Herbs
I got oh so excited when Trader Joe’s started carrying big bunches of parsley and cilantro in 2018!
- Sage + rosemary
- Thyme + dill
- Mint + cilantro
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Convenience Produce
Trader Joe’s has tons of prepped vegetables and fruit to save you time on meal prepping and dinner preparation. Here are all the prepped fruits and vegetables that are Whole30 compliant at Trader Joe’s.
- Broccoli slaw
- Organic shredded coleslaw mix
- Shredded carrots
- Organic chestnuts (seasonal)
- Steamed + peeled baby beets
- Pomegranate seeds (seasonal)
- Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Butternut squash zig zags
- Zucchini spirals
- Sweet potato ribbons
- Cut and washed organic tuscan kale
- Organic broccoli florets
- Riced cauliflower
- Cut butternut squash
- Cut spaghetti squash
- Butternut squash spirals
- Peeled garlic
- Diced onions
- Riced vegetable medley
- Riced broccoli
Trader Joe’s Whole30 Shopping List: Dips, Sauces + Dressing
A great way to add more excitement to cooked meat and vegetables!
- Salsa verde
- Hatch valley salsa
- Hot pico de gallo salsa
- Mild Homestyle salsa especial (my personal favorite)
- Mild pico de gallo
- Chunky spicy guacamole authentico
- Olive tapenade
- Vegan kale cashew + basil pesto
- Organic tomatillo + roasted yellow chili salsa
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Refrigerated Meat + Eggs
I get my meat from ButcherBox, which is the highest quality and the best match for the Whole30 program. (Here’s why I highly recommend it.) But Trader Joe’s sells organic meats as well that would be my next best choice. As well as sausage and lunch meat that ButcherBox doesn’t carry.
- Organic chicken breasts
- Organic chicken breasts, big pack
- Organic whole chicken
- Organic oven-roasted turkey breast lunch meat
- Organic ground turkey
- Wild sockeye smoked salmon
- Organic ribeye steak
- Lamb loin chops
- Organic ground beef
- Organic top sirloin steak
- Organic eggs
- Hard-boiled peeled eggs
- Pork loin chop
- Pork tenderloin
- Ground pork
- Pork loin roast
- Sweet italian sausage
- Garlic herb chicken sausage
- Organic sweet Italian sausage
- Applegate organic hot dogs
- Prosciutto di parma
- Sliced prosciutto
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Convenience Meats
Homemade is always best, but sometimes there are those busy nights when you need a quick and convenient protein.
- Fully cooked pork belly
- Turkey burgers
- Chile Lime Chicken Burgers
- Beef Sirloin Roast
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Canned Meats
Great on top of salads!
- Wild-caught sardines in olive oil
- Wild-caught sockeye salmon
- Wild Alaskan pink salmon
- Wild-caught anchovy filets in olive oil
- Premium chunk white chicken
- Solid white albacore tuna
Trader Joe’s Shopping List for Whole30: Frozen Meat + Seafood
I get my meat from ButcherBox, which is the highest quality and the best match for the Whole30 program. (Here’s why I highly recommend it.) But Trader Joe’s sells organic meats as well that would be my second best choice. As well as frozen seafood that ButcherBox doesn’t carry.
- Strip loin steak
- Ground beef
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken wings
- Wild-caught crab meat
- Wild-caught red shrimp
- Wild ahi tuna steaks
- Wild mahi mahi filets
- Wild sockeye salmon filets
- Wild swordfish steaks
- Wild alaska cod
- Wild jumbo sea scallops
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Frozen Fruit + Vegetables
Frozen vegetables are great in soups and casseroles! Frozen fruit is always picked and frozen at the peak of freshness. Delicious defrosted to snack on or added to salads.
- Organic strawberries
- Organic cherries
- Coconut chunks
- Organic raspberries
- Peach slices
- Organic blueberries
- Organic mango
- Pineapple tidbits
- Very cherry berry blend
- Beet chunks
- Artichoke hearts
- Melange a Trois
- Mushroom medley
- Chopped spinach
- Grilled asparagus spears
- Zucchini spirals
- Organic delicata squash sliced and roasted
- Sliced leeks
- Brussels sprouts
- Grilled cauliflower
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Dried Goods + Pantry Staples
So many amazing items to stock in your pantry to enhance your meals! Also, there are many varieties of nut butter, canned tomatoes, pickles, olives, etc. I photographed my favorites. Always be sure to read the labels!
- Organic unsweetened apple sauce
- Big + chunky apples
- Peach halves in grape juice
- Pear halves in grape juice
- Organic canned pumpkin
- Organic canned butternut squash
- Kosher dill pickles
- Pitted black olives
- Pitted green olives
- Pitted greek kalamata olives
- Pitted kalamata olives in olive oil
- Organic canned tomato sauce
- Organic diced tomatoes in juice
- Tomato paste in a tube
- Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Marinated cherry tomatoes
- Marinated Mediterranean vegetables
- Pickled vegetables
- Fire-roasted red and yellow peppers
- Green jackfruit
- Fire-roasted diced green chiles
- Almond flour
- Almond meal
- Nutritional yeast
- Organic chia seeds
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Dried Herbs & Spices
All dried herbs except Chile Lime which has sugar, and also avoid the vanilla flavor and get the pure vanilla extract.
Trader Joe’s Whole30 Shopping List: Condiments, Oil + Vinegar
Use in sauces, dressings, and dinner recipes. There are also many compliant olive oils and balsamic vinegar, I photographed my favorites. Always read your labels! Note, all of Trader Joe’s mustards, ketchup and mayonnaise are NOT Whole30 compliant.
- Organic tahini
- Fish sauce
- Yuzu hot sauce
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Red wine vinegar
- Rice wine vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar of modena
- Toasted sesame seed oil
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Organic virgin coconut oil
- Organic triple filtered refined coconut oil
Trader Joe’s Shopping List for Whole30: Dried Fruit
Tons of dried fruit. Don’t go crazy on this. Whole fruit is better than dried.
- Organic mango
- Just mango slices
- Dried pineapple rings
- Dried flattened banana
- Dried white peaches
- Dried pear slices
- Dried apricots
- Organic raisins
- Organic golden raisins
- Medjool dates
- Jumbo raisin medley
- Calimyrna figs
- Freeze-dried strawberries, mango, and fuji apple
- Freeze-dried raspberries, blueberries, Honeycrisp apple, and banana
- Dried baby bananas
- Organic unsweetened coconut chips
- Organic unsweetened flake coconut
- Black mission figs
Trader Joe’s Whole30: Nuts + Seeds
So! Many! Nuts! There are tons to choose from. I photographed my favorites. Be sure to always read your label to avoid sugar/bad oils/butter/etc.
Trader Joe’s Whole30 Shopping List: Beverages
Some delicious drinks to enjoy along with plenty of water!
- Any whole bean or ground coffee
- Any tea bag
- Tejava black tea
- Sparkling mineral water
- Organic cold brew coffee
- Kettle brewed unsweetened black tea
- Kettle brewed unsweetened green & white tea with a hint of mint
Trader Joe’s Whole30: On The Go Healthy Snacks
Go easy on most of these. Snacking on whole fruits and vegetables is best. But there are tons of Healthy Snacks at Trader Joe’s that are great for on-the-go!
- Just a handful of olives pitted salted manzanilla olives
- Organic apple fruit sauce crushers (there are several flavors)
- Epic bar
- Cashew apricot date & nut bites with coconut & citrus
- Larabar cashew cookie
- Larabar cherry pie
- Larabar apple pie
- Apple + banana fruit bar
- Apple + mango fruit bar
- Apple + coconut fruit bar
- Apple + strawberry fruit bar
- RX Bar mixed berry
- RS Bar blueberry
- RX Bar chocolate sea salt
Ready to Make Easy Whole30 Recipes?
Click the link below to see all of my Whole30 compliant recipes, guides, and more!