Whole30 + Keto Kale Chips
Whole30 + Keto Kale Chips Recipe + Video – low carb crispy baked kale chips snack. Satisfy all your crispy cravings! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan, plant based, clean eating, real food.
When I am craving something crispy (I’m looking at you potato chips), these Whole30 + Keto Kale Chips SAVE me!
These satisfy all of my crispy chip cravings, but are less than 1 carb!
Whole30 + Keto Kale Chips in the Oven
I have a few tips to get you the perfect crispy baked kale chips
- Tear the leaves into roughly 2″ squares. Like the image above. You want them about the size of a tortilla chip. If they’re too small, they aren’t as satisfying. Too big and they tend to break and crumble when you eat them.
- Make sure the kale leaves are completely bone dry before roasting. If they have any water or moisture it will cause steam and they won’t get crispy. I wash them and let them sit on the counter for a full hour before roasting.
- You can roast these straight on the baking sheet, but I have the best results when I bake them on a wire rack. They air can circulate underneath the kale leaves, giving you a crispier chip. This is the rimmed baking sheet with wire baking rack that I have and love!
- Use your hands to gently massage the olive oil all over the leaves in a thin layer. It’s so much more flavorful than using an olive oil spray.
- Roast them low and slow. I do them at 275ºF for 25ish minutes. If you roast them too hot, they burn easily and lose their pretty green color.
Storing Kale Chips
Store the kale chips uncovered on the counter. They’re best eaten within 24 hours. I’ll leave them in a bowl.
They’ve never even gotten close to lasting a full 24 hours. These are so flavorful and crispy and addicting, my family gobbles them up. Even my kids do! Best way to get them to eat kale!
Watch Kale Chips Recipe Demo (3:12 minutes)
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, leaves torn into 2” size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat your oven to 275ºF. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Set in the wire baking rack.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add the kale leaves and olive oil. Use your hands to gently coat both sides of the leaves.
- Lay the kale leaves in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet. Season with kosher salt.
- Roast for 25ish minutes, until the leaves are crispy.
- Leave them uncovered on the kitchen counter. Are best when eaten within 24 hours.
You can customize these with so many different seasonings!
You can roast these directly on the baking sheet without the baking rack. But I find they turn out way crispier and better when using a wire rack.
Do not cover these. They will lose their crispiness. Leave open to the air.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!