Paleo prosciutto wrapped asparagus with a lemon garlic aioli dipping sauce. Everyone goes nuts for these when I bring them to a party! A delicious prep ahead appetizer that is paleo, gluten free, whole30 and low carb.
I’ve decided it is essential for me to have people over to my house at least once a month. It forces me to really deep clean from top to bottom.
My house is generally picked up most of the time. There are a few baby toys here and there, mail scattered out on the desk, a light layer of dust on the surfaces, some crumbs on the carpet, Amazon packages on the dining table that I need to put away, toothpaste dribbles on the bathroom counter. What I call “lived in clean”. Not perfect, but I wouldn’t be embarrassed if a friend stopped by unannounced.
But before company comes over for a dinner party? My house is sparkling! You can see the vacuum marks in the carpet (don’t you just love those?). Everything is put away, dusted, and fresh.
I also love having company over, because it gives me a chance to make delicious appetizers. I love sitting outside with a tasty appetizer, some wine, and chatting with good friends.
These paleo prosciutto wrapped asparagus are a favorite to make right now. Perfect for warm summer evenings. And so healthy! Paleo, gluten free, Whole30 and low carb.
You take prosciutto and slice it lengthwise so you get 2 long strips. Then you wrap it around raw asparagus. I try to get thicker asparagus for this, not the pencil thin asparagus. You want a good asparagus to prosciutto ratio. It does take a bit of time to wrap the asparagus, but I’ll do this earlier in the day and leave it in the fridge until just before company comes.
Then, you roast them in the oven until the asparagus is tender and the prosciutto is crispy. So easy!
I serve this with a lemon garlic aioli dipping sauce, the same one I use for steamed artichokes. I make this aioli earlier in the day too.
And what good is an appetizer without some good wine to go with it?
I love Maison Louis Jadot Wines Macon Villages Chardonnay. Jadot is the perfect addition to summer soirees. It is a versatile wine that pairs well with many of the summer foods I love to enjoy, especially these paleo prosciutto wrapped asparagus. It’s no wonder Jadot is the #1 brand of French wine in the United States!Print
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends cut away (try to get thicker asparagus, not pencil thin)
- 6 oz prosciutto
- olive oil spray
Lemon Garlic Aioli
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Prep
- Cut each piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise, so you have 2 very long and skinny slices of prosciutto.
- Wrap each piece of asparagus with 1 of the half slices of prosciutto. Wrap it starting at the bottom, and at an upward angle. (see picture in post for example).
- Repeat until all the asparagus is wrapped. You can either cook it immediately, or cover it and refrigerate until ready to cook. Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayo, lemon zest and garlic. Stir until combined. (No need to add salt, the prosciutto is salty enough.)
- Will keep covered in the fridge for 1 week.
Cooking and Serving the Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with the oven rack in the upper third.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (not necessary, but makes for easier cleanup).
- Arrange the prosciutto wrapped asparagus in a single layer. Spray with olive oil spray.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the prosciutto is crispy, turning the asparagus halfway thru.
- Serve warm or room temperature with the lemon garlic aioli.
More Paleo Appetizers
This post was sponsored on behalf of Maison Louis Jadot Wines via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!