I must warn you, these spicy seasoned pretzels are highly addictive. Slightly spicy and flavored with garlic and lemon, you will not be able to have just 1.
The taste is similar to chex mix seasoning. My future sister-in-law Berleen brought these on a camping trip and they were a hit. We must have gone through 2 bags of these. Lucky for me she shared the recipe. Guys especially love these, so set them out for Sunday football.
Football is on Sundays right?
Uh oh. Did I just give myself away? Can you tell I don’t watch football?
Because I don’t.
And neither does my Mr, thank goodness. Instead we do really productive things on Sundays…like watch other things on TV. For instance, this past Sunday was spent watching American Horror Story on Netflix. It is so creepy. And silly. And oddly addicting. I must know the story of all the ghosts in that Murder House! ‘Tis the season to feel spooky.
Portion out your seasoning.
Get a gallon size ziploc bag and pour in the vegetable oil.
Add in the seasoning.
Zip it up and shake to combine.
Add in the pretzels.
And shake and toss to get them evenly coated in the yummy seasoned oil mixture.
Allow to pretzels to soak up the flavor of the oil for at least 6 hours, 1 day is even better. Turn the bag and mix up the pretzels every few hours. It’s worth the wait, because these are de-lish.
These pretzels…they’re making me thirsty!
Name that show.
- Pour oil and spices into a gallon ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly combine oil with spices
- Add in pretzels, seal up ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine.
- There are 2 different ways you can finish the pretzels:
- OPTION 1: you can leave them in the ziploc bag and allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn bag to shake up pretzels every few hours.
- OPTION 2: bake the oil soaked pretzels in a 200 degree oven for about 1 hour, stirring several times to ensure even baking. Allow to cool before eating.
- Pretzels will keep in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 23g
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!