Spicy Seasoned Pretzels
These spicy pretzels are the ultimate snack! Mini twist pretzels soaked in oil & coated in a homemade seasoning blend that bursts with flavor in every bite! Spicy pretzel recipe for the win!
Table of Contents
What Makes This Recipe Great
It’s Spring! This means all the fun warm weather gatherings are upon us: spring break plans, camping trips, summer BBQs, and more! It’s the season of gathering and eating together, so it’s a must to have a few easy recipes on hand to make for the masses! Enter, spicy pretzels!
These spicy seasoned pretzels are it! The perfect snack for a big group, or even a cozy movie night. They taste similar to Chex mix but even more addicting. Coated in avocado oil and seasoned with cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and lemon pepper, this spicy pretzel recipe is the perfect way to jazz up pretzel twists in no time!
Tiny Twist Pretzels: Pick whichever brand of pretzels is your favorite. To make these spicy pretzels gluten-free, be sure to pick gluten-free pretzels.
Cayenne Pepper: To control the spice level, increase or decrease the cayenne pepper. This recipe is for a milder spicy pretzel.
Lemon Pepper: Lemon pepper is pretty easy to find, and such a staple to have on hand. It really jazzes up these spicy pretzels, not to mention chicken, mac & cheese (trust me!), and tons of other dishes.
Recipe Step by Step
- Pour oil and spices into a gallon Ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly combine the oil with spices.
- Add in pretzels, seal up the Ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine.
- Allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn the bag to shake up pretzels every few hours. No need to bake them, the spicy pretzels will soak up all the oil.
The Ultimate Seasoning for Pretzels
I had never heard of making a seasoning for pretzels before this recipe. Typically, I’ve just eaten pretzels on their own, and they’re good…but then all of a sudden my mouth is dry and I’m completely sick of them!
Lemon Pepper + Cayenne Pepper + Garlic Salt is truly the ultimate seasoning for pretzels. This spicy pretzel recipe is salty, tangy, and mildly spicy. A flavor-packed spicy pretzel with every single bite! The oil coating keeps them from feeling so dry, and I never get sick of them!
Spice Level: These spicy pretzels are mild. Feel free to use even less cayenne pepper if you don’t want them spicy at all. When making for my kids I only use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. You can also use more to taste if you want your spicy pretzel recipe spicier.
Barely- honestly no more than a bag of potato chips. One great thing about this spicy pretzel recipe is that the oil soaks into the pretzels and they’re not greasy at all!
One serving of this recipe is about 17 pretzels and has 369 calories.
While this spicy pretzel recipe is great on its own, these actually are SO good dipped in plain cream cheese! When we go camping, we always have cream cheese on hand for bagels, and the creamy dip mixed with the spicy pretzel makes an amazing combination.
More Yummy Snack Recipes!
Love this recipe? Thank you! Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below + leave me a review in the comments. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels
- 16 oz bag tiny twist pretzels
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pour oil and spices into a gallon ziploc bag. Seal and shake to evenly combine oil with spices
- Add in pretzels, seal up ziploc bag, and gently shake to combine.
- Allow pretzels to soak up the seasoned oil for at least 6 hours, or ideally for 24 hours. Turn bag to shake up pretzels every few hours. No need to bake them, the pretzels will soak up all the oil.
- Will keep in an airtight container for at least 1 week.
- See the Recipe Notes below for more tips, FAQ's and ingredient substitutions.