Keto Kale Pomegranate + Blueberry Salad
This healthy kale pomegranate salad is as delicious as it is pretty! The perfect lunch or dinner meal, this keto kale salad is a low-carb entree or starter salad.
This is the kale pomegranate salad of my dreams! It’s absolutely delicious, packed with all my favorites, and so nourishing and healthy, you feel amazing after eating it!
Here are a few reasons why this is the best dang salad EVER:
- Does NOT get soggy! Perfect to bring to a dinner or party! Especially great for setting out on a buffet line. Nothing worse than a soggy salad.
- EVERY diet can eat it! This kale pomegranate salad is vegan, Whole30, Keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and grain-free. Literally, EVERYONE can eat it! I feel like it’s so important when you’re in charge of the salad to make sure it’s every-diet friendly. So vegans and gluten-free people always have a safe choice to eat and enjoy. Although, if someone has an almond/nut allergy you may want to swap to pumpkin or sunflower seeds, FYI.
- Can Meal Prep! This kale pomegranate salad is almost more delicious the next day. Perfect to make a huge salad, and then serve yourself a big scoop every day for lunch. It does not get watery or soggy at all. Amazing. You can make it more substantial by adding in protein (chicken, bacon, etc), cheese (feta, goat cheese, etc), or sliced avocado.
Table of Contents
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
This salad is packed with all my winter favorites!
- Kale. I love curly kale but lacinto works too!
- Red cabbage. Adds more crunch and pretty colors.
- Blueberries. A great fruit to add for a touch of sweetness, but no added sogginess.
- Green onions. Adds a bit of onion bite, but without being overpowering and giving you too much onion breath.
- Pomegranates. Adds a bit of tang and a touch of sweetness. Plus, so pretty! Pomegranates always make me feel like I’m eating little rubies. Plus, not a soggy fruit! Watch the recipe demo video to see my hack on how I get the seeds out of a whole pomegranate.
- Apple. Touch of sweetness and more crunch. I slice mine into thin matchsticks using the julienne blade on my mandoline! I also love this cut proof glove that I always wear when using my mandoline so I don’t stress about cutting myself.
- Sliced almonds. Great for crunch and some protein. You can substitute other nuts too! Like pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and pinenuts. If someone has a nut allergy, use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
Recipe Step by Step
Make the Dressing
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust if needed (such as adding in more salt, balsamic vinegar, sweetener, etc)
Make the Salad
- On top of the dressing, add all the kale pomegranate salad ingredients. Then, toss in the dressing.
Adding Protein: You could definitely add sliced chicken or chopped bacon to this salad to make it heartier for a meal.
Adding Cheese: This kale pomegranate salad would also be delicious with some goat cheese, feta, or other favorite salad cheese.
Vinegar: I love balsamic vinegar for this keto kale salad, but it would also be good with apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar.
Sweetener: If you need this keto, use monk fruit. If you need this to be Whole30, use date paste. Or use maple syrup (my favorite!), honey, white sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, etc. The nutrition information is calculated using monk fruit.
This salad will serve 4 entrees or 8 starter salads. The best part is this salad doesn’t get soggy! It’s a great salad to set out for a dinner party or buffet line on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, holiday get-togethers, etc.
This kale pomegranate salad stores great in the fridge, delicious for up to 3 days after tossing in the salad dressing.
More Keto Salad Recipes
Love this recipe? Thank you! Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below + leave me a review in the comments. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
Keto Kale Pomegranate + Blueberry Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice, see NOTES below
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pomegranate + Blueberry Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, very finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted + unsalted sliced almonds
- 1/2 blueberries
- 1/2 cup apple, thinly sliced into matchsticks (I use the julienne blade on my mandoline)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Make the Dressing: In the bottom of a large salad bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust if needed (such as adding in more salt, balsamic vinegar, sweetener, etc).
- Make the Salad: On top of the dressing, add in all the salad ingredients. Toss in the dressing.
- This kale pomegranate salad will serve 4 entrees, or 8 starter salads. The best part is this salad doesn't get soggy! It's a great salad to set out for a dinner party or buffet line on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, holiday get together, etc. It stores great in the fridge, delicious for up to 3 days after tossing in the salad dressing. Great for meal prep too!