Keto Kale Pomegranate + Blueberry Salad
This healthy kale pomegranate salad is as delicious as it is pretty! The perfect lunch or dinner meal, this keto kale salad is a low-carb entree or starter salad.
This is the kale pomegranate salad of my dreams! It’s absolutely delicious, packed with all my favorites, and so nourishing and healthy, you feel amazing after eating it!
Here are a few reasons why this is the best dang salad EVER:
- Does NOT get soggy! Perfect to bring to a dinner or party! Especially great for setting out on a buffet line. Nothing worse than a soggy salad.
- EVERY diet can eat it! This kale pomegranate salad is vegan, Whole30, Keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and grain-free. Literally, EVERYONE can eat it! I feel like it’s so important when you’re in charge of the salad to make sure it’s every-diet friendly. So vegans and gluten-free people always have a safe choice to eat and enjoy. Although, if someone has an almond/nut allergy you may want to swap to pumpkin or sunflower seeds, FYI.
- Can Meal Prep! This kale pomegranate salad is almost more delicious the next day. Perfect to make a huge salad, and then serve yourself a big scoop every day for lunch. It does not get watery or soggy at all. Amazing. You can make it more substantial by adding in protein (chicken, bacon, etc), cheese (feta, goat cheese, etc), or sliced avocado.
Table of Contents
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
This salad is packed with all my winter favorites!
- Kale. I love curly kale but lacinto works too!
- Red cabbage. Adds more crunch and pretty colors.
- Blueberries. A great fruit to add for a touch of sweetness, but no added sogginess.
- Green onions. Adds a bit of onion bite, but without being overpowering and giving you too much onion breath.
- Pomegranates. Adds a bit of tang and a touch of sweetness. Plus, so pretty! Pomegranates always make me feel like I’m eating little rubies. Plus, not a soggy fruit! Watch the recipe demo video to see my hack on how I get the seeds out of a whole pomegranate.
- Apple. Touch of sweetness and more crunch. I slice mine into thin matchsticks using the julienne blade on my mandoline! I also love this cut proof glove that I always wear when using my mandoline so I don’t stress about cutting myself.
- Sliced almonds. Great for crunch and some protein. You can substitute other nuts too! Like pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and pinenuts. If someone has a nut allergy, use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
Recipe Step by Step
Make the Dressing
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust if needed (such as adding in more salt, balsamic vinegar, sweetener, etc)
Make the Salad
- On top of the dressing, add all the kale pomegranate salad ingredients. Then, toss in the dressing.
Adding Protein: You could definitely add sliced chicken or chopped bacon to this salad to make it heartier for a meal.
Adding Cheese: This kale pomegranate salad would also be delicious with some goat cheese, feta, or other favorite salad cheese.
Vinegar: I love balsamic vinegar for this keto kale salad, but it would also be good with apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar.
Sweetener: If you need this keto, use monk fruit. If you need this to be Whole30, use date paste. Or use maple syrup (my favorite!), honey, white sugar, brown sugar, coconut sugar, etc. The nutrition information is calculated using monk fruit.
Cut Proof Glove: I use the julienne blade on my mandoline to cut the apple into thin matchsticks. I love this cut proof glove when using my mandoline so I never stress about cutting myself.
This salad will serve 4 entrees or 8 starter salads. The best part is this salad doesn’t get soggy! It’s a great salad to set out for a dinner party or buffet line on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, holiday get-togethers, etc.
This kale pomegranate salad stores great in the fridge, delicious for up to 3 days after tossing in the salad dressing.
More Keto Salad Recipes
Did you love this recipe? Thank you! Please rate this recipe and leave a review below. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
Keto Kale Pomegranate + Blueberry Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice, see NOTES below
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pomegranate + Blueberry Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, very finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted + unsalted sliced almonds
- 1/2 blueberries
- 1/2 cup apple, thinly sliced into matchsticks (I use the julienne blade on my mandoline)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Make the Dressing: In the bottom of a large salad bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine. Taste, and adjust if needed (such as adding in more salt, balsamic vinegar, sweetener, etc).
- Make the Salad: On top of the dressing, add in all the salad ingredients. Toss in the dressing.
- This kale pomegranate salad will serve 4 entrees, or 8 starter salads. The best part is this salad doesn't get soggy! It's a great salad to set out for a dinner party or buffet line on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, holiday get together, etc. It stores great in the fridge, delicious for up to 3 days after tossing in the salad dressing. Great for meal prep too!
23 Comments on “Keto Kale Pomegranate + Blueberry Salad”
This salad is a winner! It tastes fancy but is so easy to throw together. It is colorful and beautiful in appearance. I love that this recipe is fast and easy, you can have it done in 10 minutes or less. Dressing is amazing. This doesn’t get soggy if used over a couple days, which is a true miracle for a salad! Also love that most of these items I always have on hand, except maybe the pomegranate – which could be omitted if you have everything else! Thank you for yet another amazing recipe!
Thank you, Cara! This totally made my day! It’s one of my favorite salads and I am so happy to hear you love it too!
Just wondering about the apples, do they turn brown if you make the salad ahead of time?
A little bit! But I cut them so small you barely notice!
OUTSTANDING; can’t say enough good things about this salad! I made it ahead (amazing perk for a salad!) for Thanksgiving for the first time and ate most of it myself because it was so much better than all the other sides. I saved it as Holiday Kale Salad because it will now be a special occasion staple (and probably regular day staple too)! Thanks so much.
Thank you, Ashley! You know a salad is good when it’s the best side at Thanksgiving, right?? This totally made my day!
A good article, a good book can change the fate of so many people. Thanks for the valuable sharing, please keep it up to date and I will always follow you.
This looks awesome! Would baby kale work well?
Thank you! And yes! Baby kale would work too!
This looks great! I’ve been loving your recipes as I try eating lower carb, and I was looking for some salad inspiration. Thank you, I can’t wait to try!!
Love to hear this Jackie! This is SUCH a good salad! Can’t wait for you to try it!
I made this dressing to put on kale. The dressing is really good and easy. I still need to make the rest of the salad in this recipe. Glad to have a dressing that I can make for my salads.
I am so happy you liked my salad dressing Jill. Serving it on kale is a fantastic idea. Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Delicious!! Will definitely make this again, and often! The only thing I did different was I added red onion instead of green onion, because I didn’t have any.
I am so glad you will be making them again Laura. Making it with red onion sounds delicious!
Thank you so much for this recipe! I made it three times this past week and brought it to various family members who all loved it! So healthy and delicious.
I love that you have already made it 3 times this week Tina. That is fantastic! So happy your family has enjoyed it too!
This salad was so good! I added some roasted chicken for our dinner . Even my husband that isn’t a kale fan loved it. And it was great the next day too!
Thank you so much for all your nice comments Kristin! I am so happy you liked my kale salad. I love that your husband enjoyed it even though he isn’t a kale fan. Yeah!
Delicious salad!! Love the winter fruits and dressing combination. It has been perfect to have this salad on hand this week leading up to thanksgiving. Thanks Natalie!
It is a fantastic use for winter veggies Maureen! So glad you are enjoying it!
LOVE LOVE LOVE! It’s a beautiful and delicious salad. I’ll definitely make this again. Thank you!
It is a beautiful salad filled with nutritious veggies Sabrina. I always say eat the colors of the rainbow! :) So happy you will be making it again!