Whole30 Stocked Kitchen Essentials
My Whole30 Stocked Kitchen Essentials – All my favorite Whole30 staples for my refrigerator, freezer, pantry and spice cabinet that I can’t live without. Sharing everything I have on hand and ready for my Whole30, and where I purchased it.
I’m all geared up and ready for my 3rd annual January Whole30 starting on January 1st!
My kitchen is fully stocked. My fridge, freezer, pantry and spice cabinet are filled with all my favorite Whole30 staples.
A lot of you have been asking to see what a well stocked Whole30 kitchen looks like, so I snapped some pictures to give you an idea of what you’ll want to have on hand.
Gearing Up for a Whole30 Stocked Kitchen
The first thing you’ll want to do before doing your first Whole30 is to plan out your meals for the week. This is essential. Plan out all breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks for 7 days each week.
I share exactly how I meal plan and create my grocery list in this post, which also includes a printable meal planning and grocery shopping guide.
Whole30 can start to feel expensive if you go out and buy every single pantry staple that is available. Instead, start small. Buy just the pantry staples you’ll need for that weeks meals. This way, you’ll avoid a lot of food waste by buying exactly what you’ll need.
This is the menu I created for myself for my week 1 of January Whole30 (all the dinner recipes are recipes on my site!):
I created my grocery shopping list, and did my shopping at Costco and Trader Joe’s. I have a grocery shopping guide for Everything Whole30 at Costco and Everything Whole30 at Trader Joe’s that you’ll want to check out too!
Here is my Costco Grocery Cart Haul:
And here is my Trader Joe’s Grocery Store Haul:
After unloading everything, my kitchen was all prepped and stocked. I took pictures of everything to give you an idea of what my Whole30 Stocked Kitchen looks like.
Whole30 Stocked Refrigerator Essentials
My refrigerator, all stocked with essentials and ready for Whole30! Here is what is in it:
- Fresh eggs from my chickens, in old Trader Joe’s egg cartons I save
- Dates from Trader Joe’s
- Aidell’s chicken apple sausages from Costco
- Plainville Farms Organic turkey lunch meat from Costco
- Kosher Dill Pickles from Trader Joe’s
- Breastmilk, haha! Still breastfeeding my 6 month old.
- Organic Apple Sauce fruit pouches from Trader Joe’s
- Bell Peppers from Trader Joe’s
- Organic Cauliflower from Trader Joe’s
- Good Food’s Organic Avocado Smash from Costco
- Cubed Butternut Squash from Costco
- Plainville Organic Ground Turkey from Costco
- Spindrift from Costco in a Greenco Beverage Dispenser
- Teeny Tiny Avocado’s from Trader Joe’s in a Greenco Beverage Dispenser
- Cutie Oranges from Costco in a Greenco Wide Refrigerator Bin
- Organic Apples from Costco in a Greenco Wide Refrigerator Bin
- Organic carrots from Costco
- Organic english cucumbers from Costco
- Parsley from Trader Joe’s
- Organic broccoli from Trader Joe’s
- Scallions from Trader Joe’s
- Riced Cauliflower from Trader Joe’s (I have a recipe for cauliflower rice, but knew this week is busy and premade works fine for me in a pinch!)
- Organic broccoli from Trader Joe’s
- Organic brussels srouts from Costco
- Iceberg lettuce from Trader Joe’s
- Jalapenos from Trader Joe’s
- Organic green beans from Costco
- Organic zucchini from Costco
- Homemade baby food for my 6 month old, that I store in 4-ounce mason jars
- Homemade almond butter in a pint mason jar
- Homemade cashew butter in a pint mason jar
- Homemade whole30 parmesan “cheese” in a 4-ounce mason jar (recipe coming soon!)
- Whole peeled garlic from Trader Joe’s
- Capers from Trader Joe’s
- Organic tahini from Trader Joe’s
- Homemade date paste in a half pint mason jar
- Organic tomato paste from Costco
- Thai Kitchen red thai curry paste from Amazon
- Red Boat fish sauce from Trader Joe’s
- Organic coconut aminos from Trader Joe’s
- Toasted sesame seed oil from Trader Joe’s
- Organic dijon mustard from Whole Foods
- Annie’s Horseradish Mustard from Whole Foods
- Homemade Whole30 Mayonnaise in a pint mason jar
- Homemade Whole30 Ranch Dressing in a pint mason jar
- Raw almonds soaking in water in a pint mason jar for a future homemade almond milk
- Homemade almond milk in a 1 quart glass milk bottle
Whole30 Stocked Freezer Essentials
We just got a large freezer for our garage, and it has been a game changer to store all of our ButcherBox meat and seafood! I love having tons of space. I also store extra nuts in the freezer to help them last longer.
- Steaks from ButcherBox
- Wild salmon from Costco
- Whole chickens from ButcherBox (I love getting the whole chicken in my custom box. I cut it and break it down myself, then save all the bones for bone broth. The best value!)
- Plainville organic turkey lunch meat from Costco
- Aidells chicken apple sausage from Costco
- Ground beef from ButcherBox
- Ground pork from ButcherBox
- Pork chops from ButcherBox
- Whole30 sugar free bacon from ButcherBox
- Organic cashews from Costco
- Organic pecans from Costco
- Raw almonds from Costco
- Homemade pesto in a pint mason jar, my last jar of pesto from my summer basil
Whole30 Stocked Pantry Essentials
During Whole30 I mostly eat fresh foods, but there are a few pantry staples I like having on hand and stocked up.
- Organic coconut cream from Trader Joe’s
- Organic coconut milk from Trader Joe’s
- Black pitted olives from Trader Joe’s
- Organic pumpkin puree from Trader Joe’s
- Diced tomatoes and tomato sauce from Trader Joe’s
- Cucina Antica tomato sauces from Amazon
- Roasted yellow and red peppers from Trader Joe’s
- All my favorite nuts, stored in pint mason jars and quart mason jars. These are: raw almonds, roasted sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, pinenuts, mixed nuts, pecans, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds. All nuts from Costco or Trader Joe’s.
- Organic cashews from Costco
- Coconut chips from Trader Joe’s
- Medjool dates from Costco
- Organic chicken stock from Costco
- RXBars from Costco stored in an Oxo POP container
- Tuna from Trader Joe’s
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides from Costco
Whole30 Stocked Spice Cabinet Essentials
I store all of my spices, cooking oils and flours in the same cabinet. It’s right next to my oven, and really easy to access.
- I store all my dried herbs and spices in 4-ounce mason jars. I used a label maker to label the tops, to make it easy to find what I need. I love it! All spices from Costco, Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
- Chosen Foods coconut oil spray from Amazon
- Apple cider vinegar from Costco
- Rice vinegar from Trader Joe’s
- White vinegar from Whole Foods
- White wine vinegar from Safeway
- Red wine vinegar from Trader Joe’s
- Organic extra virgin olive oil from Costco
- Chosen Foods avocado oil from Trader Joe’s
- Organic virgin coconut oil from Costco
- Aged balsamic vinegar from Costco
- Triple filtered refined coconut oil from Trader Joe’s
- Olive oil spray from Trader Joe’s
- Vanilla beans from Costco, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Almond flour from Costco, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Cacao powder from Costco, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Nutritional yeast from Trader Joe’s, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Arrowroot powder from Amazon, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Tapioca starch from Amazon, stored in an Oxo POP container
- Coconut flour from Trader Joe’s, stored in an Oxo POP container
- I also have coconut sugar, maple sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda on this shelf. These are NOT Whole30 approved, but I use this when I am finished with Whole30 and transition into paleo.
Whole30 Stocked Dry Food Storage Essentials
I got this convenient dry produce storage bin from Ikea (learn about it in this post), and I keep all my dry produce in it.
- Spaghetti squash from Trader Joe’s
- Organic bananas from Costco
- Garlic from Trader Joe’s
- Ginger root from Trader Joe’s
- Organic lime’s from Trader Joe’s
- Organic lemons from Trader Joe’s
- Organic yellow onions from Trader Joe’s
- Organic sweet potatoes from Costco
- Organic red onions from Trader Joe’s
- Organic mixed baby potatoes from Costco
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
5 Comments on “Whole30 Stocked Kitchen Essentials”
❤️❤️❤️ this so much! thanks for sharing it!
I’m glad it was helpful! Thanks Jessica!
you’re welcome! i have another question about your dry storage bin. (awesome kitchen remodel btw!) do you find the bins keep the food from spoiling? or do the items touching the wire racks sometimes mold? we have some stainless wire bowls/racks on the counter, and sometimes i think the ones touching the stainless don’t last as long. tho i guess it’s possible that it’s not really stainless afterall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anyway, ❤️ your blog! thx for all you do ?
I find it keeps them from spoiling! Since the air can circulate better, and they don’t get too much moisture build up. I got these racks at Ikea and love them!
Thanks for sharing positivity and encouragement with me! Means the world. Big hugs!