Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
You are about to become the most popular person at the weekend BBQ potluck. Because every time I bring this creamy ranch pasta salad, it is one of the first things to go.
I love a cold pasta salad next to my burger or hot dog on a hot summer day. But I’m a little bit of a pasta salad snob. I hate when they’re too vinegary, or too sweet, or too…mushy.
This creamy ranch pasta salad is the queen of all pasta salads. Perfectly cooked macaroni is mixed with crunchy carrots and celery, a little bit of red onion, and sweet peas that burst with flavor as you eat them.
The whole wheat macaroni is tossed with my absolute favorite thing in the whole world, ranch dressing. I’ve used it in a dish or two. It is perfect for pasta salads! It’s cool, creamy, and full of herby goodness. I of course make my own ranch dressing, because homemade is way better than store bought. But if you’re short on time (or ingredients) you could just as easily use your favorite store bought ranch.
Bring this creamy ranch pasta salad to your Memorial Day Weekend BBQ. People will be begging you for the recipe.Print
- 1 pound elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 medium diced carrots, peeled and finely chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large mixing bowl, make the ranch dressing by combining the ranch seasoning mix, greek yogurt and milk. Whisk to combine. Place the mixing bowl in the fridge while you make the rest of the pasta salad.
- Cook the elbow macaroni in salted boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and add to the large mixing bowl with the ranch dressing while the pasta is still warm. Add in the carrots, celery, onion and frozen peas. Toss to combine. It will look a little too saucy at first, but the warm noodles will absorb some of the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until it is cooled. After it has cooled, toss it a few more times to evenly distribute the dressing. If needed, add in a little more greek yogurt and milk if the noodles absorbed too much of the dressing.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins