Taxes are done, let’s celebrate with a rosemary greyhound cocktail!
Or, maybe you just realized that taxes are due today, and you haven’t finished them yet. In which case, you get 2 cocktails!
That’s OK, I’m a procrastinator too. I work best with a very close deadline.
In college I did all my studying the night before a test. Always. Which probably wasn’t the best strategy because there are a lot of things I don’t remember. I took an entire class on the history of Tokyo, and I can’t think of one thing I learned. Seriously. Not one.
I also took 2 accounting classes in college, and the fact that we hire an accountant to do our taxes should tell you how much I remember from that class.
Taxes feel like the grown up version of finals, but instead of getting getting a grade, you get told how much money you owe. Or in our case, a refund. Woot woot!
And what’s the first thing you did after finals week? Vacation! Unfortunately there’s no winter or summer break as an adult. But drinking a delicious, pink rosemary greyhound on a Tuesday night is the next best thing. Amiright?
I first had this cocktail a year ago at a cousins wedding. The bride and groom each picked a signature drink. This rosemary greyhound was the brides choice, and I couldn’t get over how delicious the flavors were.
The sweet and savory rosemary simple syrup mixed with the tart grapefruit juice is just amazing. And you must garnish the cocktail with a sprig of rosemary. It gives the cocktail a great scent with every sip. Plus, it’s the perfect little stirring tool to mix up your drink as you sip it.
After getting home I had to recreate this drink right away. It helped that I planted a few rosemary plants in my garden, which quickly grew into a lot of rosemary plants. I had more rosemary than I knew what to do with. So endless rosemary greyhound cocktails it is!
This rosemary greyhound would make a great signature drink at a wedding, is perfect for bridal showers and bachelorette parties, or for a fun girls night in.
I’ll be enjoying a rosemary greyhound tonight with Shawn as we cheers to another year of taxes being done.Print
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice
- sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Simple Syrup: In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, dissolve the sugar into the water for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil or crystals will form. In a heat safe container, pour the warm sugar water mixture over the rosemary sprigs and let it steep for at least 1 hour. The rosemary simple syrup will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 10 days.
- Cocktail: In tall glass filled with ice combine the vodka, rosemary simple syrup and grapefruit juice. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 19.8g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: <1g