Whole30 + Keto Fish and Chips
Whole30 + Keto Fish and Chips Recipe + Video – low carb crispy + crunchy pan fried fish filets with tartar sauce + keto french fries! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Sorry for yelling at your eyes…but…
THIS IS THE BEST FISH AND CHIPS I’VE EVER HAD! IT’S KETO + WHOLE30! THE FRIED FISH IS BASICALLY ZERO CARBS!!!
Ok, I’ll try to stop yelling.
Keto Fish + Chips Batter
It adheres to the fish perfectly, and gets crispy + golden brown when pan fried in avocado oil.
Best Fish To Use
Any firm white fish is perfect for these keto fish + chips. My go to’s are cod or mahi mahi. Halibut works too! Heck, you could even make this with skinless salmon.
I’m sure to always use wild caught fish. Costco has great wild caught cod + mahi mahi in their freezer section for a cheap price.
Serving Keto Fish + Chips
You’ll feel like you’re in a British pub, but enjoying all the clean eating health benefits!
Watch Keto Fish + Chips Recipe Demo (2:31 minutes)
- Pat the fish filets completely dry.
- Set up your dredging station. In a small container, beat the 2 eggs. In another container, add the pork rind panko.
- Coat the fish. First, dip in the egg, then dip in the pork rind panko, pressing to adhere. Repeat with all fish filets.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in the avocado oil and heat for 1 more minute.
- Add in the coated fish filets. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip when golden brown and cook another 2-4 minutes until the fish has an internal temperature of 125ºF.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh salt, and let the filets rest on a wire baking rack. This will keep them extra crispy and prevent a soggy bottom!
- Serve warm. I highly suggest topping with tartar sauce and serving along with keto french fries and herby lemon coleslaw!
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for at least 1 week.
Fish: My preferred fish is wild caught cod, but you could use any firm white fish such as mahi mahi, ono, halibut, even salmon would work!
Breading: Hands down the best low carb + keto friendly breading for this is pork rind panko. It gets so crispy and crunchy! You could use almond flour instead, but it just doesn’t get as crispy. Same cooking method for almond flour.
Nutrition Facts: The nutrition information is just for the fish filets. It does not reflect the tartar sauce or sides chosen. Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!