Whole30 + Keto Fish and Chips
Whole30 + Keto Fish and Chips Recipe + Video – low carb crispy + crunchy pan fried fish filets with tartar sauce + keto french fries! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Sorry for yelling at your eyes…but…
THIS IS THE BEST FISH AND CHIPS I’VE EVER HAD! IT’S KETO + WHOLE30! THE FRIED FISH IS BASICALLY ZERO CARBS!!!
Ok, I’ll try to stop yelling.
Keto Fish + Chips Batter
It adheres to the fish perfectly, and gets crispy + golden brown when pan fried in avocado oil.
Best Fish To Use
Any firm white fish is perfect for these keto fish + chips. My go to’s are cod or mahi mahi. Halibut works too! Heck, you could even make this with skinless salmon.
I’m sure to always use wild caught fish. Costco has great wild caught cod + mahi mahi in their freezer section for a cheap price.
Serving Keto Fish + Chips
You’ll feel like you’re in a British pub, but enjoying all the clean eating health benefits!
Watch Keto Fish + Chips Recipe Demo (2:31 minutes)
- (4) 6-ounce wild caught cod filets (or mahi mahi or even salmon)
- 1 cup pork rind panko
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- Pat the fish filets completely dry.
- Set up your dredging station. In a small container, beat the 2 eggs. In another container, add the pork rind panko.
- Coat the fish. First, dip in the egg, then dip in the pork rind panko, pressing to adhere. Repeat with all fish filets.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in the avocado oil and heat for 1 more minute.
- Add in the coated fish filets. Cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip when golden brown and cook another 2-4 minutes until the fish has an internal temperature of 125ºF.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with fresh salt, and let the filets rest on a wire baking rack. This will keep them extra crispy and prevent a soggy bottom!
- Serve warm topped with tartar sauce along with keto french fries and herby lemon coleslaw!
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for at least 1 week.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!