Keto French Fries
Keto French Fries Recipe + Video – the BEST low carb vegetable to use to make a low carb french fry! Only 5 net carbs! Whole30, paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan, clean eating, real food.
I’ve done it!
I’ve found the perfect Keto French Fry! Only 5 net carbs!
Best Keto French Fry
I’ve tried to make fries out of so many low carb vegetables. I love these zucchini fries! But they feel more like a fun side dish that a french fry copycat.
Out of all the keto vegetables I tried, rutabagas are the winner. They hold their shape, get crispy edges when roasted, and taste really similar to a sweet potato!
Turnips were my second favorite, but they get a little wiggly. They don’t hold that fry shape when you pick them up. But have a flavor more similar to white potato.
Crispy Keto French Fries
I like to bake my french fries in the oven. It’s much easier than the air fryer, plus I can cook a lot more at once.
To get them extra crispy, I love using this sheet pan with its wire rack over it. It allows the air to circulate all around and prevent them from getting soggy.
Rutabaga Fries Dip
What’s a french fry without a dip?
My favorite dips:
- this ketchup (seriously the best whole30 + keto ketchup!)
- whole30 + keto ranch dressing
- whole30 + keto pesto aioli
Watch Keto French Fries Recipe Demo (1:48 minutes)
Keto French Fries
- 2 medium rutabagas peeled and cut into fry shapes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat your oven to 425ºF with the oven rack in the middle. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Set in a wire baking rack.
- Toss the rutabaga fries in avocado oil. Lay the fries in an even layer. Season with salt.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes until tender and getting crispy.
- Serve warm with your favorite keto dipping sauce like ketchup or ranch!
Nutrition facts are calculated as a courtesy and not guaranteed.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!