3 Ingredient Paleo Banana Pancakes
Paleo Banana Bread Pancakes Recipe and Video – just 3 ingredients! Whole30 compliant ingredients, and perfect for food freedom! Tastes just like banana bread, but made with no flour, no sugar, no butter. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Meet my new favorite paleo breakfast! Made with Whole30 compliant ingredients.
These pancakes are just bananas, eggs, and cinnamon. That’s it! I know. Sounds…weird? But trust me, these taste exactly like banana bread.
These pancakes have a custard like consistency. It reminds me of french toast. Crispy edges with a custard center. They taste exactly like banana bread.
I like blending mine up in a wide mouth pint mason jar with my immersion blender. (It has to be a wide mouth mason jar so the immersion blender can fit). Not only does this make the pancake batter ultra smooth with no banana hunks, it also adds airiness and lightens up the batter.
I have made these by mashing everything together in a bowl with a fork too! The pancakes just come out denser.
Even better than the taste? These are SO healthy! I mean, just bananas, egg and cinnamon? They’re effortlessly paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free, sugar free and made with Whole30 compliant ingredients (love these during Whole30 food freedom!)
Amazing for kids too! My baby and 3 year old love them.
This recipe is for 1 person. It makes 6 mini pancakes that are about 3 inches across. Perfect amount for me to have for breakfast. But you can really easily double, triple, quadruple the recipe. If I’m making them for me and my husband I’ll use a quart size mason jar rather than pint. If I was making this for 4 or more, I would use my blender.
These pancakes are actually good plain! But feel free to add on your favorite toppings. My favorite topping are my homemade almond butter, unsweetened toasted coconut flakes and fresh berries. Other good toppings are maple syrup (skip if doing Whole30), nuts or coconut whipped cream.
Watch How to Make 3 Ingredient Paleo Banana Pancakes Recipe Video
- Preheat a large, flat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a wide mouth pint mason jar, blend the banana with an immersion blender until smooth. Then add the egg and cinnamon and blend until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pan. Pour the batter in to the pan, 2 tablespoons for each pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip, and cook another 1 minute. Continue until you’ve made all 6 pancakes.
- Serve warm, topped with favorite toppings.
- The best banana to use is one that is perfectly yellow, or just barely starting to get brown spots. If it’s too ripe and brown, the bananas have too much liquid and these pancakes get really thin and dense.
Just for fun, here is the original image from March 2017:
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!