Healthy 3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes Recipe (Paleo)
These paleo banana pancakes have just 3 ingredients and take 10 minutes to make. Mashed banana, eggs, and cinnamon are blended together to make the perfect gluten-free banana pancakes. Crispy edges and a soft chewy middle. Taste just like banana bread, but are made with no flour, no sugar, and no butter.
Table of Contents
What Makes This Recipe Great
Meet my new favorite paleo breakfast for busy mornings, 3 Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe! Made with super simple ingredients, these gluten-free pancakes are literally so easy to make. And just THREE ingredients.
All you need are bananas, eggs, and cinnamon. That’s it! I know it sounds weird that there’s no all-purpose flour or flour of any kind. But trust me, these taste exactly like banana bread in pancake form. Plus, it’s literally THE easiest pancake recipe you will ever make. No added sugar, no flour, and no better way to use your overripe bananas!
These banana pancakes have a custard-like consistency that reminds me of French toast. Fluffy pancakes with crispy edges with a custard center. A super healthy breakfast for kids and adults. Yum!
Watch The Recipe Video
- Ripe Bananas: The best banana to use is one that is perfectly yellow, or just barely starting to get brown spots. If it’s too ripe and brown, the bananas have too much liquid and these pancakes get really thin and dense.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 2 large eggs. It has not been tested with an egg replacement. If you do try flax eggs, let me know how it turned out in the comments below.
- Cinnamon: Use more or less to taste.
- Coconut Oil: No oil goes in the batter. This is for the pan only.
- Toppings: Unsweetened coconut flakes, fresh berries, coconut whipped cream, a little drizzle of maple syrup (skip if Whole30), nuts, etc.
- Preheat a large, flat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a wide-mouth pint mason jar, blend the banana with an immersion blender until smooth. Then add the egg and cinnamon and blend until combined.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pan. Pour the batter into the pan, 2 tablespoons for each pancake. Lower the heat to medium heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip and cook for 1 minute. Continue until you’ve made all 6 pancakes.
- Serve warm, topped with favorite toppings.
Immersion Blender: I like blending mine up in a wide-mouth pint mason jar with my immersion blender. Make sure to use a wide-mouth mason jar so the immersion blender can fit. Not only does this make the pancake batter ultra smooth, but it also adds airiness and lightens up the batter.
Alternative Method: I have made these by mashing everything together in a bowl, whisking with a fork too! The pancakes just come out denser.
Serving Size: This recipe makes one serving of 6 mini pancakes that are about 3 inches across. The perfect size for a quick breakfast for one person. But you can really easily double, triple, or quadruple the recipe.
Toppings: These healthy banana pancakes are actually good plain. But feel free to add on your favorite toppings. My favorite topping is my homemade almond butter, unsweetened toasted coconut flakes, and fresh berries. Other good toppings are maple syrup, nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, or coconut whipped cream.
To freeze, let the pancakes cool completely, then store in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the air fryer or toaster oven for a super easy breakfast!
Even better than the taste? These are SO healthy. Just banana, eggs, and cinnamon. You don’t even need vanilla extract or almond milk.
They’re effortlessly paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and made with Whole30 compliant ingredients. Such an easy recipe and so much healthier than regular pancakes.
Yes! These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are amazing for kids too! My boys love them.
No! This does not require any gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, oat flour, or almond flour. This recipe makes the perfect paleo pancake without any other dry ingredients!
Did you love this recipe? Thank you! Please rate this recipe and leave a review below. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
3 Ingredient Paleo Banana Pancakes
- Preheat a large, flat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the coconut oil in the pan. Pour the batter into the pan, 2 tablespoons for each pancake. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip, and cook another 1 minute. Continue until you've made all 6 pancakes.
- Serve warm, topped with favorite toppings.