Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes made with almond flour and coconut flour. Light and fluffy pancakes packed with pumpkin flavor and warm spices! Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating.
I am so excited that October is next week! So it is time for the first official pumpkin recipe of the fall. These paleo pumpkin pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast to make all October long. Light and fluffy, and so easy to make!
As soon as fall comes around, I love getting in a routine and having cozy family breakfasts on the weekend. I like to wake up before my husband and baby to get started, and of course have a hot cup of Bigelow Tea to start off my day. It’s warm, cozy and soothes my soul.
While my boys sleep, I drink my tea and start making our breakfast. And if it’s October, you can bet I’m making these paleo pumpkin pancakes.
To keep these paleo, I use a blend of almond flour and coconut flour. I sweeten them just slightly with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar. It is the perfect amount of sweetness. And to give them that signature, warm spice I add in 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Yum!
The batter is a little “stiffer” than standard pancake batter made with flour. This pancake batter won’t spread out in the griddle as it cooks. So after I pour in the batter, I very gently spread it out with the back of my pouring cup so I get nice, flat pancakes.
As they cook on the griddle, they get crisp edges and some bubbles popping up the top to keep these pancakes light and fluffy.
One very important trick I’ve learned when making pancakes is to NEVER press down on them with your spatula after you flip them. You see this in movies, but by pressing them you are deflating the bubbles and making the pancakes dense and thick. They’ll end up like hockey pucks.
The flavor of these paleo pumpkin pancakes is unbeatable. Warm and sweet and spiced to perfection. I like mine topped with pure maple syrup, but you could also top them with paleo coconut whipped cream, chopped nuts, ghee, pumpkin butter, or almond butter.Print
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil to grease the pan
- Toppings of choice: pure maple syrup, coconut whipped cream, nuts, paleo pumpkin butter, ghee, almond butter
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs and coconut sugar.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. Beat out any lumps.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter to make each pancake, then use the back of the 1/4 measure to gently smooth out and flatten the pancake. The batter is a little thicker than “regular” pancake batter, it won’t spread out on its own.
- Cook the first side for about 3 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a few bubble have broken through the top. Flip the pancakes, and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with your favorite pancake toppings.
More Paleo Breakfasts:
This post is sponsored by Bigelow Tea. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!