Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe + Video – 2g net carbs! Just 5 ingredients! Crispy edges with soft centers. Paleo, low carb, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
It’s December! Let’s make some cookies!
But, let’s keep it healthy. These keto chocolate chip cookies are just what you need. They’re grain free and refined sugar free!
Ingredients in Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
No flour or butter needed! The nut butter covers both of those, but keeps it keto! My favorite nut butter to use is my mixed nut butter, but you could also use almond butter, pecan butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, you name it!
You have a few choices for keto friendly chocolate. Lily’s makes no sugar added dark chocolate chips and chocolate bars that are sweetened with stevia and low carb. (Not sponsored, just what I love!)
I love getting the whole bar and chopping it myself. The chocolate gets so much more melty that way! You could also use dark chocolate chips, which are lower in sugar.
Watch Keto Cookies Recipe DemoPrint
- 1 cup nut butter (my favorite is my mixed nut butter, but could use almond butter, pecan butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, etc)
- 1 cup monk fruit (see Notes for other sweetener options)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (I like Lily’s for keto friendly)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º with 2 oven racks closest to the center. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop out the dough (1.5 tablespoon balls), placing them on the baking sheet with enough room to spread out. (No need to chill the dough!)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are puffed. (The cookies will flatten and “crackle” as they cool) Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Particularly good with my homemade almond milk.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for 6 months.
- See the Recipe Notes below for more tips, tricks and FAQ’s!
Sweetener: To keep these keto friendly, I prefer using monk fruit, my favorite low carb sweetener. You could also use Stevia/Splenda but I don’t love the aftertaste as much. I find Stevia/Splenda to be sweeter, so you may only need 3/4 cup. If you don’t need this to be keto friendly, any granulated sweetener would work! Coconut sugar, maple sugar, date paste, even white sugar or brown sugar. Same quantities of 1 cup for all these other sweetener options.
Chocolate Chips: To keep these keto friendly, I love using Lily’s dark chocolate chips. They also make great keto friendly chocolate bars you could chop up and use. If you don’t need this to be keto friendly, any chocolate chips would work.
Nut Free: If you need these cookies to be nut free, use a seed butter like sunflower seed butter or pumpkin seed butter.
Egg Free: I’ve never tried it, but you *should* be able to use a flax egg or chia egg in place of the egg to keep this egg free. You’ll need 1 tablespoon flax seed meal or chia seeds soaked in 2.5 tablespoons water for 5 minutes.
Freezing: Freeze baked cookies on a baking sheet until firm, about 4 hours. Then transfer to an airtight bag or container for up to 6 months. Can be eaten straight from frozen, or thawed on the counter for about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It is calculated using my mixed nut butter, you may need to adjust if using a different nut butter. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!