Keto Zucchini Fritters
These low-carb keto zucchini fritters are battered with almond flour and pan-fried to perfection in avocado oil. Delicious & just 3 carbs!
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
Zucchini, the BEST Keto Vegetable.
If you’re like me, your garden is bursting with zucchini. It’s truly one of my favorite parts of summer! One of my favorite ways to use them is to make delicious recipes that are naturally low carb! Zucchini is one of the best keto vegetables because the carb count is super low, and they are meaty enough to keep you feeling nourished and full! Win-win!
I often get asked how many carbs are actually in zucchini, and the answer will blow your mind! One cup of cooked zucchini is just 2 net carbs and only 15 calories! WHAT! Give me all of the zucchini for every meal!
Because zucchini is so versatile, I really don’t ever get sick of it. There are so many ways to cook with it, so many sauces to smother on top of it, and so many delicious baked goods you can hide it in. Have I convinced you yet?
How to Make Keto Zucchini Fritters
This recipe for zucchini fritters is far one of my favorite ways to use my overflowing zucchini. They are so light and flavorful, with an irresistible golden-brown crust. They’re low carb, keto, and just 3 net carbs per serving! These fritters are made with such simple ingredients (just 6!). I bet you already have everything you need to make these in your kitchen right now.
- Almond flour
- Parmesan cheese (see pro tips for dairy free/Whole30 substitution!)
- Green Onions
I pan-sear these in my cast iron skillet with a couple of tablespoons of avocado oil. Avocado oil has a really neutral flavor, and a high smoke point so it is perfect for pan-frying. I let them fry 5 minutes per side and serve them with my very favorite Tastes Lovely House Salad and half an avocado for even better fat macros.
The BEST Zucchini Fritter Sauces
Jazz up these keto zucchini fritters with your sauce topping of choice! I often top them simply with sour cream (as pictured), but here are some other great options.
More Keto Zucchini Recipes
- Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Noodles
- Keto Zucchini Fries
- Keto Lasagna with Zucchini Noodles
- 15 Keto Zucchini Recipes
Dairy-Free/Whole30 Substitution: You can leave out the parmesan and instead use a full 1 cup of almond flour.
Nut-Free: I haven’t tried it, but if you need these to be nut-free you should be able to use my pork rind panko or tiger nut flour.
Egg Free: I haven’t tried it, but if you need these to be egg-free you should be able to use a flax egg. Mix 2 tablespoons flax meal with 5 tablespoons water. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken up. This replaces the 2 eggs the recipe calls for.
Zucchini Substitution: Even though these are zucchini fritters, you can easily substitute yellow squash too!
Meal Prep: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 2-4 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out), reheat in a 350ºF oven until warm for 10-15 minutes, or my favorite way is crisping up again in a cast-iron skillet with more avocado oil.
Freezing: Freeze in a freezer-safe airtight container for at least 6 months. If you can, thaw in the fridge overnight. Either microwave until warm, about 2-4 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out), reheat in a 350ºF oven until warm, 10-15 minutes, or my favorite way is crisping up again in a cast-iron skillet with more avocado oil. You can reheat straight from frozen too, may take a little longer.
Can I freeze keto zucchini fritters? These fritters freeze perfectly! So make a double batch and freeze half for dinner or lunch another day. I have freezing and reheating instructions in the recipe notes and pro tips.
Can I bake these zucchini fritters in the oven? Yes! You can bake them. I’d put them on a rimmed baking sheet, spray with avocado oil and bake at 425ºF for about 15 minutes. They won’t be as crispy, which is why I prefer the cast iron skillet.
How many carbs are in zucchini fritters? Zucchini is a super low-carb vegetable! In this recipe, there are just 3 net carbs per serving!
Keto Zucchini Fritters
- Trim the ends off your zucchini, and grate on the large holes on your box grater. In a medium size bowl, combine the grated zucchini and 2 teaspoons kosher salt. Mix well with your hands, and let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes. This will both season the zucchini, and draw out all the excess water.1 pound zucchini, 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Transfer the grated zucchini to a nut milk bag (or use a dish towel) and squeeze out all the moisture from the zucchini. You should be left with about 2 cups of zucchini "pulp". Discard the zucchini "water" you've squeezed out.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the zucchini "pulp", almond flour, parmesan cheese, green onions and eggs. Whisk to combine.3/4 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 2 green onions, 2 large eggs
- Tip! If the fritter batter in your bowl ever starts to get watery, no problem! Use a paper towel to blot out any extra moisture.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add in the avocado oil. Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the fritters and form into patties. (If you don't have a large cookie scoop, measure out 3 tablespoons for batter). Place in the avocado oil. Continue forming and adding more fritters, being careful not to overcrowd the skillet. I can fit at most 6 fritters in my skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, until crispy, golden brown. Transfer the cooked fritters to a paper towel lined plate. Will make about 10-12 fritters
- Serve the fritters warm, topped with your topping sauce of choice. I love serving this with this keto salad and some sliced avocado.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- See the Recipe Notes below for more tips, FAQ's and ingredient substitutions
Nutrition facts are calculated as a courtesy and not guaranteed.